The art of planning a perfect corporate event is at the crossroad between creativity and rigorous planning. So the cherry on top is entertainment – as long as you nail this part, positive feedback is likely to follow.
With music acts, you can pretty much sort the entertainment part out. The primary challenge is that you need to pick the right performers for the occasion – while also taking your guests’ preferences into account.
To help you out with this, we put together a list of 4 types of musical performances you can choose from for different types of corporate events.
1. High-Energy Music Acts
Corporate parties need a wow factor in the musical department – not because guests are particularly hard to entertain, but rather because they may need something extra to break out of their shell.
That said, you also want everyone to have the best time, regardless of their musical tastes, so high-energy instrumental bands may be the way to go in this case.
To give you a starting point, here are two highly-acclaimed bands:
- rePercussion: these guys went the extra mile when they created their drumming show concept. Punching sounds meet striking visuals meet spot-on, customized comedy – they have it all.
- DJ Drums: this insanely talented duo featuring a DJ and a drummer is one of the most interactive musical concepts out there, and blurs the line between a traditional DJ and a live band.
2. Classy Vibes
At a corporate dinner or conference, you may want to consider a music act that is more traditional yet still highly-engaging. We’re referring to something that gets people talking while also complying with the norms of a corporate setting.
In this case, a stylish choice would be classical music – whether performed by individuals or bands. Here are two excellent recommendations:
- Spags: this electric violin virtuoso is a perfect choice if you have a broader audience with different musical preferences, because of her talent to merge classical pieces with current hits.
- Nova Era: maybe the last thing your guests would expect to see on stage are a bunch of electronic instrumentalists from the 19th century. However, that’s precisely what makes Nova Era an inspired choice – the costumes may be reminiscent of Victorian style salons, but their musical acts are very much ‘in the now.’
3. A Fresh Take on Classic Corporate Event Music
We’re talking about musicians here, and musicians are fiercely creative individuals. So naturally, they will often come up with new concepts, new approaches, and new ways to electrify the audience.
Here are two examples that speak (or sing) for themselves:
- String Angels: this electric violin trio is nothing short of spectacular: incredible skills, perfect song selection, and distinct stage presence – all come together into a memorable act.
- Alter Ego: this is the kind of music act to go for if you’re having a 70’s, 80’s or 90’s theme party. Not only will the band members be dressed accordingly and sing in retro style, but they’ll also dance to the rhythm of those times. And your guests will have a hard time resisting the urge to follow their example.
4. Uplifting Harmonies
When your corporate event is (or includes) a charitable moment, the music acts you pick also have to create ‘a moment’ to convey that exact tone you want to set for the whole evening.
Let Music Set the Tone for a Successful Event
Have the music acts we suggested in this article inspired you?