Doubling your fundraising event’s revenue may seem like a bold goal. However, when you think about it, such a threshold may be within your reach.
Ambitious efforts require aggressive tactics, right? So to effectively double your revenue, you will have to capitalize on the successes of your previous experiences and also come up with a set of new tricks.
Rest assured, in the following article; we will showcase a few popular fundraising strategies which have the potential to bring you more revenue.
Start Fundraising Early
Depending on whom you intend to get the donations from, either sponsors or guests, it will take some time to communicate with everyone effectively and to convince them to donate.
By starting early, you have enough time to send out invitations and donation requests. And, if it’s a tactic which makes sense in your case, you can send renewal letters to previous partners asking them if they are willing to support your current event.
After this initial first wave of invitations, you can follow-up with another request – asking the donors if they have considered your proposition.
As an added benefit, starting early means you have some extra time to focus on getting new potential donors to consider your event.
Make Better Fundraiser Asks
Making the ask is probably one of the most challenging things to do as an event organizer. However, if you want to turn your fundraising goal into a reality, you will have to do it.
One of the first things you should do is to do thorough research on your potential donors. It helps if you are knowledgeable about the person you are contacting, as it shows you’re serious about your proposition.
If it’s a company, you can do some “detective” work and, for example, research the company’s history and past activities.
Also, when getting in contact with a potential donor, be sure to always provide them with a briefing about your organization, its members and what your objectives are.
Lastly, try to make an ask in person. Being face-to-face when you’re asking for a sum of money shows commitment to your cause. Also, it is also reassuring for the donor.
Put Together a High Energy Fundraising Event
The way you organize your fundraising event plays a big part in attracting revenue. If you intend to gather funds from attendees, then it’s essential to put more effort into the organizational role.
What you want is to offer your guests something they can look forward to by turning your event into a worthwhile experience.
You could add something special to your event’s programme, such as some moments of entertainment.
After all, entertainment serves as an excellent platform for you to make a donation plea.
A magician, a high-energy musical act or a comedian are all excellent picks to set the right tone for the event. You can browse through our selection of top entertainers for more ideas of entertainment which will turn up the energy level at your event.
3 Ways to Make Your Fundraising Event Unforgettable
It may be a challenge to come up with an unforgettable fundraising event these days. The standards event planning has gotten to are high and increasing. That is not a reason to feel discouraged.
There can still be ways to create memorable experiences for your donors to get them on your side. Here’s a list of three things you can do:
Use the Fundraising Event as an Opportunity to Share
Charities have an advantage that most profit-based organizations lack: The emotional impact. Charities do not focus on themselves. They do not raise money to increase their prosperity. At least, that is the case for real charities. Their story is more about others and their needs rather than themselves. So, look at this fundraising event as your best chance to share “the heart and the soul” of your efforts. For instance, you can:
- Tell the beginning story of your work. Share bits of the experiences, causes or things that made you want to fight for that cause.
- Share your mission. Put all the effort into building up a mission statement that reveals your exact goals. Make it short and inspiring.
- Explain the needs your charity is striving to meet. Use personal stories or photos to show the impact of your efforts. Statistics should only occur as a small reference intertwined with real situations.
- Reveal the impact of specific donations. That is an excellent way to show recognition of your donors’ generosity and to motivate new donations.
Engage Donors- Don’t Just Ask for Money
There’s an aspect many charities tend to miss when trying to stimulate donors’ generosity: The process. Are you hoping to plan a fundraising event that will get you the necessary money for the following five years of activity? You should think again.
Look at such an event as a starting point for some of your donors. Alternatively, as a milestone for the ones who’ve supported your cause before. Consequently, you should set up a donation system that goes beyond that particular moment:
- Create personal profiles of beneficiaries and invite people to become their sponsors. People may be more willing to donate on a regular basis when they connect to the recipient. Sponsorships trigger commitment in the long run.
- Showcase the impact of a certain amount of money. Most donors have strong financial awareness. They value every dollar spent. So, it could be a good idea to show numbers along with the social impact. Just point out that the more they donate, the greater the influence they have in changing things for, the better.
- Collect email addresses to send follow-up information about how donations have made a difference. That may be a good re-starting point for people who may have stopped donating.
Make It Fun!
Fundraising events are great opportunities to share sad realities that need a solution. However, this is no reason to exclude fun from the experience.
On the contrary, use a bit of humor to loosen up the atmosphere. No matter how dark life is, catching the blues will not fix it. Feel free to lighten up the event by adding a note of fun:
- Amusing setting – no written code says charity events need to take place in a ballroom. Why not go for an outdoor picnic, for instance? It saves you money and gives your occasion a bit of a playful touch.
- Fun food – Fundraising dinners are not all about caviar and silverware. The food you serve may come in the shape of funny sandwiches. Alternatively, they may have unusual tastes that relate to the area where your charity intervention unfolds.
- Great entertainment – Some professional entertainers can take you from laughter to crying and all the way back. Moreover, they can do this with just a few touches of their vocal cords. Why not hire one? It is a sure ticket to making your event truly unforgettable.
Let’s Get the Show Started
Doubling your fundraising revenue is no small feat. However, if you follow the tips we’ve showcased in our article, it will be much easier for you to achieve this goal.
If entertainment is your weapon of choice to fight off event boredom and possibly boost donations, then we can help you book some of the best performers out there.
Need a hand with choosing the right entertainers for your next charity event? Waste no time and give us a call. We can help you make the choice that will wow your attendees.
Just call us at (615) 283-0039, and we will gladly assist you!