Coming up with fresh entertainment ideas to drive impact and increase fundraising goals is always a challenge in the nonprofit world. It is easy to unintentionally slip into a dull routine and plan the same types of events over and over again. The problem is, it can result in donors becoming disengaged and downright bored.
This is why we compiled a list of four top entertainment ideas which are going to help you turn a fresh eye towards event planning.
1. Clean Comedy with a Juggling Swirl
Clean comedy is always a good idea when it comes picking entertainment for a fundraising event, as it can help you attract donors and ensure they will have a smile on their faces throughout the event.
However, if you want your event to stand out from the rest truly, consider booking an entertainer who can bring something extra to the table in addition to humor.
- Who we recommend: Chris Bliss. His act comprises both stand-up elements and juggling to deliver a memorable experience and captivate audiences with his unexpected routines.
2. An Improv Act Which Makes an Impact
Improvisation is well-known as comedy and entertainment, and its surprising nature is bound to spark the interest of donors. Also, the first rule of improvisation is everyone can contribute to the discussion, which means donors can participate and thus feel more involved in your fundraising event.
- Who we recommend: Fish Sticks Comedy. The main reason we think they will be an excellent addition to your event is they do more than just entertain with their high-energy improv comedy. With literally unlimited material to draw from, the group makes their performances meaningful by bringing people in the audience together towards a common goal.
3. An Innovative Edutainment Performance
As you may have guessed from the name, an edutainment performance is one which not only has the power to entertain, but also includes content intended to teach.
An edutainment act comes in all shapes and sizes – from video productions to live presentations and musical performances.
Also, the reason this entertainment idea is so appropriate for a fundraiser event is it allows you to tell your nonprofit’s story in a way which grabs donors’ attention and shows them why they should care.
- Who we recommend: TELL•A•VISION (“the telling of a vision”). Their live edutainment act mixes patented wireless screen technology with tightly choreographed moves to create a highly-visual storybook which instantly gains audience’s attention. To get a better sense of what their art is all about and what they can do to elevate your fundraiser, we encourage you to take a look at the video below.
4. Speed Painting
If you are looking for original entertainment ideas, then a speed painting performance may be that one ingredient missing from your next fundraiser.
The reason to consider this idea is it will bring a new level of excitement to your event, giving donors a unique chance to see the process of art coming to life unfold right in front of their eyes.
What’s more, speed painting is highly-customizable, and finished works can be auctioned or raffled off as part of the fundraiser.
- Who we recommend: Michael Israel. Dubbed as the Greatest Live-Action Painter on Earth, Michael is exceptionally skilled at communicating a state of increased emotion through the use of paint and music. Guests will feel both energized and fascinated by his insanely fast, emotionally engaging performances.
Which One of These Top Entertainment Ideas Caught Your Eye?
Why wait? If you think anyone of the amazing acts we have included in this article would be an excellent fit for your next fundraiser event, then make sure to contact us as soon as possible. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Also published on Medium.