Last updated on June 28th, 2019 at 09:53 pm
Do you know anyone who does not enjoy some music?
Music is universal, but that does not mean picking the best music for corporate events is a breeze. There are specific challenges which need to be taken into account, such as:
- The fact the audience at a corporate event is not necessarily a homogenous one when it comes to their preferences in music.
- The limits inflicted by the norms of a corporate setting.
- Staying within budget.
So in this article, we have decided to share four useful tips for picking the right music which should make the process go a lot smoother.
1. Think About the Role Music Will Play at Your Event
You see, music for corporate events is not only good for helping guests unwind and creating the right atmosphere at an event.
Ambient music and sound can successfully be used to cue someone to come on stage, set the pace of a gathering or keep the event running smoothly.
What’s more, music is also great for building anticipation and creating excitement.
For instance, if your corporate event features a section where awards will be passed on to deserving employees, you can use music to set the right tone prior and after the announcement. You know, kind of how they do it during big award shows like the Golden Globes.
If this is something you need at your event, consider hiring a DJ to play the right the sound effects at the right time.
2. Take the Venue into Consideration
The location of your corporate event is an essential factor which should influence your pick of music. Here are a few details to pay attention to:
- The size and design of the space. These aspects affect the acoustics of a venue, as well as stage visibility. The last thing you want is guests not being able to properly see or hear the musicians you have booked for the event.
- Indoor vs. outdoor. Indoor venues typically provide better acoustics, while auditoriums are best for corporate events where music is meant to offer more than just background entertainment. If your event takes place outside, consider booking a live band!
3. Play It Safe
Sometimes, the best thing you can do when picking music for corporate events is not take any risks. That is why we wanted to provide you with two choices you cannot go wrong with.
The first one is background music. This is the perfect option if you are looking for something subtle which will help guests relax, but won’t distract them. Great for business conferences, trade shows, and important company dinners.
The second suggestion is instrumental music. This type of music is an excellent pick for corporate events as well, especially during in-between presentations breaks. We recommend a sophisticated string trio or a piano player.
A live singer like Christian Guardino can also turn out to be an excellent choice, as long as you time the performance right.
4. Give Yourself Plenty of Time to Pick Music for Corporate Events
Whether you are hosting a business conference or a grand corporate gala, it is essential to take care of handling the music aspect as early as possible. Keep in mind that high-quality entertainment books fast, so if you have an event coming soon and you want to get your pick, start your research now.
A great way to do that is by browsing through our selection of amazing singers and musicians. If you spot someone whom you think is best for your occasion, know you can reach us at the following number: (615) 283-0039.
Latest posts by Tim Grable (see all)
- The Best CSP Certified Speakers You Can Hire In 2019 - September 21, 2019
- Talent Recap: Who Are America’s Got Talent Season 14 Finalists - September 18, 2019
- 3 of the Most In-Demand Corporate Entertainers For 2019 - September 17, 2019