Last updated on February 28th, 2020 at 06:16 am
The art of planning a perfect corporate event is at the crossroad between creativity and rigorous planning. So the cherry on top is entertainment – as long as you nail this part, positive feedback is likely to follow.
With music acts, you can pretty much sort the entertainment part out. The primary challenge is that you need to pick the right performers for the occasion – while also taking your guests’ preferences into account.
Let Music Set the Tone for a Successful Event
However, if you want to go in-depth and learn more about the benefits live music entails – then you’ve come to the right place.
In the following article, we will offer you a set of solid reasons why you shouldn’t pass the opportunity to book a live musician for your show.
To help you out with this, we put together a list of 4 types of musical performances you can choose from for different types of corporate events. We’ll also present you with a few musicians who live up to the level of praise they receive, so stay tuned!
1. High-Energy Music Acts
Corporate parties need a wow factor in the musical department – not because guests are particularly hard to entertain, but rather because they may need something extra to break out of their shell.
That said, you also want everyone to have the best time, regardless of their musical tastes, so high-energy instrumental bands may be the way to go in this case.
To give you a starting point, here are two highly-acclaimed bands:
- rePercussion: these guys went the extra mile when they created their drumming show concept. Punching sounds meet striking visuals meet spot-on, customized comedy – they have it all.
- DJ Drums: this insanely talented duo featuring a DJ and a drummer is one of the most interactive musical concepts out there, and blurs the line between a traditional DJ and a live band.
2. Classy Vibes
At a corporate dinner or conference, you may want to consider a music act that is more traditional yet still highly-engaging. We’re referring to something that gets people talking while also complying with the norms of a corporate setting.
In this case, a stylish choice would be classical music – whether performed by individuals or bands. Here are two excellent recommendations:
- Spags: this electric violin virtuoso is a perfect choice if you have a broader audience with different musical preferences, because of her talent to merge classical pieces with current hits.
- Nova Era: maybe the last thing your guests would expect to see on stage are a bunch of electronic instrumentalists from the 19th century. However, that’s precisely what makes Nova Era an inspired choice – the costumes may be reminiscent of Victorian style salons, but their musical acts are very much ‘in the now.’
3. A Fresh Take on Classic Corporate Event Music
We’re talking about musicians here, and musicians are fiercely creative individuals. So naturally, they will often come up with new concepts, new approaches, and new ways to electrify the audience.
Here are two examples that speak (or sing) for themselves:
- String Angels: this electric violin trio is nothing short of spectacular: incredible skills, perfect song selection, and distinct stage presence – all come together into a memorable act.
- Alter Ego: this is the kind of music act to go for if you’re having a 70’s, 80’s or 90’s theme party. Not only will the band members be dressed accordingly and sing in retro style, but they’ll also dance to the rhythm of those times. And your guests will have a hard time resisting the urge to follow their example.
4. Uplifting Harmonies
When your corporate event is (or includes) a charitable moment, the music acts you pick also have to create ‘a moment’ to convey that exact tone you want to set for the whole evening.
How Much of an Impact Does Live Music Have?
First off, it’s important to put yourself in the shoes of someone sitting in public. For many people, seeing a favorite band, singer or musician, in general, can be a life-changing experience.
Conversely, if the public doesn’t know the artist, there’s a high chance many of them will discover a new performer whose music will stick with them for a very long time.
Setting personal reasons aside, there are also objective reasons as to why live music is beneficial for your guests and, by extension, your event as a whole.
And to top it all off, having people who are more invested in your event will have a direct influence on the event’s bottom line.
As for why you should consider live music, here are a few reasons:
- Social factor. There’s just something special about being part of a crowd at a live show. It’s a distinctive feeling of togetherness nothing else can replicate.
- Lightens up the mood. After a few hours of formal presentations, it’s quite apparent your guests will want a breather. So live music acts as the perfect method for relaxation.
- Encourages activity. And by activity, we’re referring to dancing, but it doesn’t have to be limited to that. People may start to bust a few moves, or they may begin to clap, wave their hands or sing along.
Why You Should Hire Tim Tamashiro
Keeping in line with what we’ve mentioned earlier, we gladly present you with Tim Tamashiro – a very successful jazz singer and motivational speaker.
As a performer, Tim goes on stage intending to change people’s lives, through his incredibly gripping speeches and enchanting music.
For him, music acts as a bridge between any kinds of troubled waters. That is why, through his music, he will teach the audience how to overcome even the toughest hurdles life throws at them.
Working with Deborah and Wayland Double Grande
Deborah and Wayland are a musical duo who combine comedy and motivational speaking with the power of music.
Their entire show is staged as a piano duel between the two. So during the whole night, they’ll take this musical showdown in all sorts of directions.
It’s an entire spectacle of humor, high-energy and great tunes. The likes of which your audience will not want to miss!
Convinced to Book a Music Act?
Have the music acts we suggested in this article inspired you?
Then maybe you’ll also find it helpful to know that you can see even more performers of the kind – right here, on this list. Take the time to explore, admire the talent, and then book it right away.
With that being said, if you are interested in having a musician play at your event, then all you need to do is to call us at (615) 283 0039.
Be sure to consider all the reasons we have listed above, and you will not regret hiring a live music act.
- How to Create Virtual Memories with a Friends/Family Comedy Night - July 5, 2020
- 6 Things You Need To Be Aware of if You’re Organizing a Webinar - June 30, 2020
- 8 Reasons Why Online Meetings Are So Successful Post Covid 19 - June 25, 2020