Latest posts by Tim Grable (see all)
- These Top Comedians Will Have You Roaring with Laughter - December 14, 2019
- 4 Of The Most Magical Moments From All The Seasons of America’s Got Talent - December 12, 2019
- 4 Female Comedians from Dry Bar Comedy to Watch Right Now - December 9, 2019
Last updated on November 25th, 2019 at 06:19 am
Whether we’re talking about conferences, galas, or company gatherings meant to celebrate important milestones, keynote speakers play a critical role in the success of a corporate event.
The right guest speaker can help you generate buzz for your event and increase the number of attendees. Plus, they can inspire and educate event-goers, which will, in turn, positively influence their perception of the event.
The problem? Finding the right keynote speaker is often a challenge for those in charge of planning the event.
If that’s a challenge you face as well, keep reading to discover a few useful tips on how to identify a potentially-ideal candidate.
Use Social Media Tools to Discover Niche Influencers
Social media tools like BuzzSumo allow users to find the most popular content on pretty much any topic you can think of.
How does this help your efforts to find a guest speaker?
Well, thought-leaders in most niches today build their following by regularly creating high-quality, insightful, relevant content.
So, when you find content which is being read and shared by readers across social media, you’re likely also to discover popular influencers talking about that niche.
In other words, a great candidate to consider booking for your next expert.
Go to BuzzSumo and write down the topic you’re interested in by using the tool’s search bar. For example, if you’re organizing a conference on brand management, you’ll search for “brand management.”
The tool will reveal top-performing content about that topic. Follow the content trail to seek out the expert authors responsible for developing that content.
Once you find a possible candidate, make sure to do your research and see if the influencer who created that content also has the necessary expertise to be a speaker at your event.
Turn to YouTube to Find Fresh Talent
If you have the time, browsing YouTube is an excellent tool you can use to find knowledgeable keynote speakers who would add value to your next event.
Using YouTube’s search bar, write down the topic you are interested in + the word talk or talks. Among the results, you’ll likely find all kinds of presentations from different events, TEDx talks, and speeches given on that topic.
There are a few significant benefits of using this method to find a guest speaker:
- After watching the video and seeing the speakers in action, you’ll gain a better grasp of their area and level of expertise and the format of their presentations.
- You’ll also get to see if they are polished presenters and whether they can hold the audience’s attention.
Most of the speakers will provide some contact information in the description box of their YouTube videos. If you don’t manage to find that info, though, you can try looking them up on LinkedIn.
Note! Use this as a starting point, meaning that after you find a potential speaker for your event via YouTube, you should do some in-depth research to investigate the speaker’s experience, expertise, and reputation.
Work with a Specialized Entertainment Agency
This is by far the easiest, most convenient, and often the most reliable way to find and book speakers with tremendous industry experience. Working with an agency will also save you time and provide you with invaluable industry expertise and insight.
Plus, a top entertainment booking agency, such as The Grable Group, provides unrivaled access to top-level business leaders, certified speaking professionals, and niche influencers, such as:
- Tracy Spears. An expert in developing leaders, inspiring teamwork, and enhancing all types of communication, Tracy Spears keeps her audiences laughing and learning with her high-energy, humor-infused presentations.
- Marc Griffiths. If you’re looking for a speaker to inspire, motivate, and raise morale, Marc’s a terrific option. His talents as a motivational speaker and ventriloquist come together to create an experience your guests won’t forget.
- Denise Ryan. Through her engaging programs, such as “Great Balls of Fire!” and “How to Communicate with Everyone Who Isn’t You,” Denise Ryan shares powerful insight on how guests can improve their professional and personal lives.
Access to a vast pool of talent isn’t the only major benefit of working with a professional entertainment agency. Discover even more advantages here.
Finding Your Dream Guest Speaker: Next Steps
Our entertainers and professional speakers are passionate about delivering the very best for your next event and providing a memorable experience for all those involved.
Get in touch with us at (615) 283-0039, and let’s work together to bring top entertainment on stage at your event.