Last updated on November 24th, 2019 at 01:19 pm
Want to get people together and gain more support for your organization? Looking for a way to reach out to your community? Celebrating a milestone and want the entertainment to be funny but not offend anyone?
There’s one answer to all these questions: Christian comedy events. Christian comedy is funny without using foul language or offensive humor.
Moreover, it is appropriate for a wide array of audiences and can serve many different purposes.
However, there are certain things you should avoid doing when planning this kind of events to ensure it will be a total success.
Making People Assume It is a Christians-Only Event
Christian comedy events are NOT just for Christians. Although they can contain Christian references, the goal of these gatherings is not to make anyone believe anything or make guests feel pressured.
These events are all about professional Christian comedians using their talent and humor to make their audience laugh and maybe see certain things in a different light. How the guests respond to this is entirely up to them.
Therefore, you have to be careful how you promote your event. Make sure all of your guests feel included and welcomed – regardless of their faith or beliefs.
This will help you improve turnout for your events and ensure everybody will have an excellent time.
Booking Entertainment without Proper Screening
The wrong entertainer can ruin an otherwise excellent evening.
You need to make sure the comedian fits with the goal of Christian comedy events and the message you are trying to convey. Moreover, that involves finding as much as you can about the performer’s comedic style and experience.
In other words, you should set time aside to research the entertainment you are considering thoroughly. Here are some aspects you should take into account:
- Testimonials. Take some time to get as much info about the performer you are considering for your event. Ask for references and check for credentials online.
- Prior performances. Most comedians nowadays have videos showing them perform at past events. Watching them carefully will help you get a better idea of what you can expect at your event.
- Experience. Pick a comedian who has some practice performing at these types of events, if possible. Someone like Jeff Allen would make an excellent choice. A veteran funny and clean Christian comedian, he provides clean, world-class comedy.
Overlooking the Teaching Potential of Christian Comedy Events
The best Christian comedians are also skilled speakers. They use humor as a vehicle to share experiences guests can relate to.
This opens up an opportunity for the audience to learn some valuable life lessons in an entertaining way. Before you book an entertainer, make sure they are capable of going above the usual comedy act.
You will want someone who can deliver a complete and meaningful experience at your event.
Now You Know
We hope this article helped you better understand why Christian comedy events need to be carefully planned to have the intended results.
If you require help finding the right entertainment, you can count on us. We have twenty years of experience booking Christian comedians for all kinds of events.
Contact us today; we are looking forward to hearing from you.
Latest posts by Tim Grable (see all)
- How to Hire a Celebrity Speaker (the Easy Way) - January 22, 2020
- 4 Comedians to Watch Right Now if You Enjoy One Liner Jokes - January 21, 2020
- 4 Comedians That Will Convince You To Download Dry Bar App - January 16, 2020