Last updated on May 25th, 2020 at 10:17 pm
In the competition to attract the most attention, comedians out there are trying to outdo each other to be the funniest act on the market.
As a result, some of them resort to using shock value and petty vulgarities to get ahead of the competition. While valid, these cheap tactics get old quick, and people lose interest.
Thankfully, blue comedy’s time in the spotlight is quickly coming to an end, and a new contender is coming.
In the following article, we will go over a few reasons why clean comedy has become a hot topic in recent times and why you shouldn’t miss the opportunity to hire a clean comedian to provide the entertainment for your event.
1. It Is Appropriate for a Wide Array of Events
It doesn’t matter what type of event you’re organizing; comedy will always be a shoo-in:
- Arranging a charity event for a worthy cause? A clean comedian will keep a decent atmosphere, while still giving the satisfaction of laughter.
- Putting together a party for the kids? You’ll find that this type of comedy can be intellectually stimulating for adults, while still being perfect for children.
- Holding a corporate event for your partners? You wouldn’t want to upset them with foul-mouthed comedy, would you?
- Organizing a party for your employees? If you have a more diverse audience, you’ll want to skip out on sensitive subjects like politics or religion.
There are many more occasions when you want to keep the act clean. The list above is just to illustrate an example.
You also won’t be constrained by event location, so the chance to gather a wider crowd is at your disposal.
2. Why Clean Comedy Takes More Effort
It’s quite challenging to make the audience laugh without using shock tactics such as profanity, sexually charged language or any objectionable material – and yet, clean comedians somehow manage to do it.
There are two reasons for this:
- Clean comedians usually put in significantly more effort – they rely on their quick wit, they tell compelling stories by building an entire narrative around their stand-up routine. So they also perform slapstick moves to enhance the experience.
- The second reason would be that bad language has become commonplace, and it has lost its comedic appeal. People are desensitized with abrasive words, and they don’t carry the same weight as they once did.
Clean comedy is a genre of comedy which altogether takes more effort to perform, and people appreciate this.
If you’re looking to hire a comedian who puts in an incredible amount of effort into his stand-up routine, then you’ll surely want to check out Taylor Mason.
He is a unique performer, managing to combine comedy with ventriloquism. He can do unbelievable voice manipulations and uses this trick to tell some incredibly hilarious jokes.
Taylor would be an excellent addition for your event, and your guest will surely appreciate the amazing experience he’ll create. He will show you why clean comedy is funny.
3. It Doesn’t Step on Anyone’s Toes
Comedy is all about making people have a good time, so it shouldn’t be made at the expense of someone’s feelings.
Clean comedians don’t need to abuse the audience or to make jokes on their account. Instead, they try to establish a common ground with their guests to give everyone a reason to laugh.
It’s easy to see why so many people can enjoy it. Because of the fact it doesn’t stir up any controversy, this style of comedy is family friendly by default.
4. It Will Not Offend Anyone
Clean comedy doesn’t need to touch on sensitive topics to get people bursting with laughter. Crude mannerisms to get a few forced laughs aren’t the best way to please a wider crowd.
Besides, anyone can cause shock and awe and try to go from that. It takes a good comedian to think up a routine that isn’t just trying to be edgy.
Sadly, many acts who go down the raunchy path never actually return to what they began with. It can hurt the mood of your crowd.
Mark Christopher Lawrence, understands that comedians tend to lack discipline. They sometimes go overboard with their act.
He manages to connect with his audience in a meaningful way – all while making sure your audience won’t file complaints with you after the show.
5. It Has a Strong Media Presence
The popular entertainment platforms, such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Comedy Central, were no longer the prime sources of stand-up comedy.
A new competitor stepped forward, known as Dry Bar Comedy. It is a clean stand-up show launched by VidAngel which became the fastest-growing source of comedy on the internet – getting over 20 million views a week.
What Dry Bar Comedy brought to the table was 100% clean comedy, without any risqué material. Also, it introduced an appealing design, made to take the viewer directly to the comedy show, without interludes or breaks.
If you’re interested in checking out Dry Bar Comedy, then we suggest starting with this amazing stand-up routine by Drew Barth:
He’s a headline comedian with a unique observational sense of humor. Chad is a very funny comedian and has the incredible ability to deliver one punchline after the other.
His frantic demeanor and mastery of words are much appreciated by the audiences, and surely your guests will enjoy it, as well!
6. It Avoids Offensive Language
Speaking of complaints, offending people isn’t just related to talking about touchy subjects. A lot of people nowadays don’t appreciate offensive language, so it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Don’t alienate a large part of your audience for a few cheap laughs. It’s not productive for your event, nor will you gain any valuable friendships out of the whole deal.
7. Why Not Regular Comedy instead of Clean Comedy?
That is a good question, and we are ready to offer the answer.
Sure, you can go ahead and get a regular comedian at your event. However, as we mentioned in the beginning, one of your goals is to get people to participate.
As such, the comedians will want to interact with the audience. Moreover, what does that mean for you? Well, one of a few things could happen:
- They use explicit content not fit for a corporate setting;
- Part of your audience can be put off by the nature of the jokes;
- The comedian pokes fun at someone in the audience, and they feel humiliated. Moreover, that does not bode well for your company or organization.
Yes, not all people will take a joke that harshly. However, do you want to take any chances? With clean comedians, you are always sure the line between acceptable and unacceptable is not crossed.
Let’s also talk a bit about how your event and company image can benefit from this. As you will see from the next section, you essentially have all the gain with none of the pain.
8. Why Clean Comedy Is the Way to Go
Clean stand-up comedy has gotten its rightful place in the spotlight. Moreover, this has come due to its own merit, since it is a genre of comedy that anyone can enjoy.
Do you want everyone to have a grand time? Want to minimize the risk of people walking out because they were offended?
9. How Can Your Organization Benefit in the Long Run
You might not believe it, but such an event can boost the productivity of your employees. How come?
The truth is that if your employees share a positive experience such as this, they will feel more connected to each other. That, in turn, makes them more confident to work as a team.
Plus, many clean comedians are gifted keynote speakers that can boost your corporate message.
Bob Stromberg, for example, can provide his keynote speech entitled “The Art of Success” at your event. Moreover, you know he is going to deliver. After all, he did not receive a standing ovation for his performance at America’s Got Talent for nothing.
What’s the best part about all this? Remember when we said that many people find lectures boring? Well, with clean comedy you can rest assured knowing that won’t be a problem.
Capture the attention of any yawning audience member with a cleverly-placed joke. Alternatively, why not, use humorous everyday examples to enhance the effectiveness of your message.
If you want to ensure your guests will laugh the entire time the comedian’s on stage, then you should find out more about these talented entertainers. Contact us today, and we’ll put you in touch with the best clean comedians in the business.
- 6 Things You Need To Be Aware of if You’re Organizing a Webinar - June 30, 2020
- 8 Reasons Why Online Meetings Are So Successful Post Covid 19 - June 25, 2020
- 5 Tips that Will Help You Throw a Memorable Holiday Party - June 22, 2020