Last updated on September 14th, 2019 at 06:41 am
In the competition to attract the most attention, comedians out there are trying to outdo each other to be the funniest act on the market.
As a result, some of them resort to using shock value and petty vulgarities to get ahead of the competition. While valid, these cheap tactics get old quick, and people lose interest.
Thankfully, blue comedy’s time in the spotlight is quickly coming to an end, and a new contender is coming.
In the following article, we will go over a few reasons why clean comedy has become a hot topic in recent times and why you shouldn’t miss the opportunity to hire a clean comedian to provide the entertainment for your event.
1. It Is Appropriate for a Wide Array of Events
It doesn’t matter what type of event you’re organizing; comedy will always be a shoo-in:
- Arranging a charity event for a worthy cause? A clean comedian will keep a decent atmosphere, while still giving the satisfaction of laughter.
- Putting together a party for the kids? You’ll find that this type of comedy can be intellectually stimulating for adults, while still being perfect for children.
- Holding a corporate event for your partners? You wouldn’t want to upset them with foul-mouthed comedy, would you?
- Organizing a party for your employees? If you have a more diverse audience, you’ll want to skip out on sensitive subjects like politics or religion.
There are many more occasions when you want to keep the act clean. The list above is just to illustrate an example.
You also won’t be constrained by event location, so the chance to gather a wider crowd is at your disposal.
2. Why Clean Comedy Takes More Effort
It’s quite challenging to make the audience laugh without using shock tactics such as profanity, sexually charged language or any objectionable material – and yet, clean comedians somehow manage to do it.
There are two reasons for this:
- Clean comedians usually put in significantly more effort – they rely on their quick wit, they tell compelling stories by building an entire narrative around their stand-up routine. So they also perform slapstick moves to enhance the experience.
- The second reason would be that bad language has become commonplace, and it has lost its comedic appeal. People are desensitized with abrasive words, and they don’t carry the same weight as they once did.
Clean comedy is a genre of comedy which altogether takes more effort to perform, and people appreciate this.
If you’re looking to hire a comedian who puts in an incredible amount of effort into his stand-up routine, then you’ll surely want to check out Taylor Mason.
He is a unique performer, managing to combine comedy with ventriloquism. He can do unbelievable voice manipulations and uses this trick to tell some incredibly hilarious jokes.
Taylor would be an excellent addition for your event, and your guest will surely appreciate the amazing experience he’ll create. He will show you why clean comedy is funny.
3. It Doesn’t Step on Anyone’s Toes
Comedy is all about making people have a good time, so it shouldn’t be made at the expense of someone’s feelings.
Clean comedians don’t need to abuse the audience or to make jokes on their account. Instead, they try to establish a common ground with their guests to give everyone a reason to laugh.
It’s easy to see why so many people can enjoy it. Because of the fact it doesn’t stir up any controversy, this style of comedy is family friendly by default.
4. It Will Not Offend Anyone
Clean comedy doesn’t need to touch on sensitive topics to get people bursting with laughter. Crude mannerisms to get a few forced laughs aren’t the best way to please a wider crowd.
Besides, anyone can cause shock and awe and try to go from that. It takes a good comedian to think up a routine that isn’t just trying to be edgy.
Sadly, many acts who go down the raunchy path never actually return to what they began with. It can hurt the mood of your crowd.
Mark Christopher Lawrence, understands that comedians tend to lack discipline. They sometimes go overboard with their act.
He manages to connect with his audience in a meaningful way – all while making sure your audience won’t file complaints with you after the show.
5. It Has a Strong Media Presence
The popular entertainment platforms, such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Comedy Central, were no longer the prime sources of stand-up comedy.
A new competitor stepped forward, known as Dry Bar Comedy. It is a clean stand-up show launched by VidAngel which became the fastest-growing source of comedy on the internet – getting over 20 million views a week.
What Dry Bar Comedy brought to the table was 100% clean comedy, without any risqué material. Also, it introduced an appealing design, made to take the viewer directly to the comedy show, without interludes or breaks.
If you’re interested in checking out Dry Bar Comedy, then we suggest starting with this amazing stand-up routine by Drew Barth:
He’s a headline comedian with a unique observational sense of humor. Chad is a very funny comedian and has the incredible ability to deliver one punchline after the other.
His frantic demeanor and mastery of words are much appreciated by the audiences, and surely your guests will enjoy it, as well!
6. It Avoids Offensive Language
Speaking of complaints, offending people isn’t just related to talking about touchy subjects. A lot of people nowadays don’t appreciate offensive language, so it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Don’t alienate a large part of your audience for a few cheap laughs. It’s not productive for your event, nor will you gain any valuable friendships out of the whole deal.
7. Why Clean Comedy Is the Way to Go
Clean stand-up comedy has gotten its rightful place in the spotlight. Moreover, this has come due to its own merit, since it is a genre of comedy that anyone can enjoy.
Do you want everyone to have a grand time? Want to minimize the risk of people walking out because they were offended?
Then contact us today, and we’ll put you in touch with the best clean comedians in the business.
Latest posts by Tim Grable (see all)
- 4 Incredible Music Acts You May Remember from AGT’s Finals - November 13, 2019
- 4 Fabulous Acts from America’s Got Talent that You’ll Want to Watch Again - November 11, 2019
- 7 Comedians from Dry Bar Comedy That You Can’t Ignore (2019 edition) - November 10, 2019