Do you know what the tastiest type of comedy is? The one that analyzes insightful observations of our everyday lives.
How would you feel about having an observational comedian at one of your events? If you want to entertain and educate your guests through comedy, then stay with us. We are about to tell you more about Rex Havens, who has been in the entertainment industry for more than 20 years.
Let’s see if he is a good match for you and your event.
Rex Havens Is the King of Observational Comedy
Here’s a fact that will surprise you: Rex is a former college professor of business and law. Not only that, but he also was an attorney for a Fortune 500 company. All of this happened in the ’70s.
The transition to the stand-up comedy stage occurred in the ’80s. He always believed that laughter is the best defense that people can have in this confusing world.
Rex has a natural gift for entertainment, and so, in 1991, he left behind his career as a college professor for good.
His unique and hilarious take on marriage and family brought him much success. He managed to perform in all 50 states and around the world, in London, Amsterdam or Rome.
Rex’s stand-up comedy is family-friendly and appropriate for all ages.
Let’s learn more about his shows.
Rex Havens and His Comedy Shows
Rex performs two entertainment based shows:
- Everything I Needed to Know, I Learned from My Wife;
- Bidding You a Fond ‘I Do,’ which is a theater-style show.
He has been doing the two shows:
- In comedy clubs;
- On television for Showtime, Comedy Central, and Comic Relief;
- On the radio;
- On cruise ships worldwide;
- For corporate clients including GM, American Express or Coca-Cola;
- Numerous non-profit and charitable organizations.
After a decade, Rex thought that it was time for something new, so he created an interesting and unique seminar called One Big Happy Family.
This is also a team building exercise which analyzes the way we miscommunicate at work. How can your audience benefit from it? First of all, they will laugh like never before. Then, they will learn how to bring their professional relationships to the next level.
Here are a few reasons why Rex recommends this seminar for corporations:
- It will improve the corporate culture and team dynamics;
- Managers will learn what things help to improve productivity and engagement;
- Team members will learn how to resolve conflicts more efficiently;
- Finding of various communication strategies which can be used in the management process.
Let’s Go Back a Little Bit to His Shows
Rex claims that he has learned only two truths about men and women:
“I am a man…and I am sorry.”
Here are other lessons he will reveal in his show Everything I Needed to Know, I Learned from My Wife:
- The Wedding. “Sorry, pal, not your day.”
- Women and children first. “Still not your day!”
- She is your “better half.” “Guess what that makes you.”
- “Would it kill you to..?”. “No? Then do it and shut up.”
- Marriage is a democracy. “One woman, one vote!”
Want to find out what other lessons has Rex Havens prepared? Then contact us and tell us more about your event. We would be happy to help with your entertainment needs.