Planning a charity event is a lot of work. From choosing the perfect venue to picking the right entertainment, there are so many different things that need to be taken into account and checked off the list.
However, as every event planner knows, putting in all that hard work doesn’t always translate into a room full of donors.
People have busy schedules these days, it’s true. But to get the results your cause deserves, you need to make sure that your fundraiser gets priority on their calendar.
To help you with this, we put together a list of four proven tactics you can count on to boost participation at your fundraisers. Let’s jump right in.
1. Leverage the Power of Social Media
Social media is a powerful tool you can use to get more exposure online, engage potential attendees and reach new audiences.
There is no need to overcomplicate things; the thing to focus on is creating a compelling story around your event that will make people want to be a part of it.
Here are a few ideas on how you can leverage social media for your fundraising efforts:
- Create a Facebook page for your fundraiser with a catchy, easy to remember name;
- Tag high-profile donors, sponsors, and news organizations to help raise awareness about your upcoming fundraiser;
- Share photos that allow people to see behind the scenes (to help them understand all the work that goes into planning the event);
- Post updates about any challenges or obstacles that have been overcome to make the fundraiser possible.
This way, followers will stay up to date with the development of the event and feel a stronger connection to it, which is likely to translate into a higher attendance rate.
💡 EXTRA TIP: Include an event registration form alongside your posts so that people can take action and sign up to attend the event.
2. Feature Great Entertainment
This tactic is all about giving people more reasons to attend your charity event.
Booking a top entertainment act tailored to your target audience’s interests and will increase their perceived value of the event.
In turn, this is likely to boost participation. Furthermore, entertainment will help set the mood for the evening, bring people together, and enhance the conversation among event-goers. All of which will play a role in making your fundraiser a success.
Popular entertainment choices for fundraisers include magic acts, live music, and clean comedy.
3. Offer Special Incentives to Encourage Early Registration
Providing incentives is a great way to get attendees to commit early.
Here are two ideas for incentives that will work great for those who want to get more bang for their buck:
- Offer better seats for early bird ticket buyers;
- Offer a special package deal that includes admission to the event plus a free item, like raffle tickets or an autographed shirt/poster from one of the speakers.
4. Follow-Up with Exclusive Updates about Your Charity Event
Getting people to register is winning just half the battle when it comes to planning an event well attended. You also need to make sure registered donors will show up.
Following up on any event registrations with a short email series is an effective tactic for this.
When crafting the emails:
Don’t forget to include exclusive information to build up event excitement – like more details about the speakers who will be present or clues about any special surprises you’ve prepared.
Also, encourage attendees to invite their friends and family to register so that the news about your event spreads widely.
Book the Best Entertainment for Your Next Fundraiser and Boost Participation
Here at The Grable Group, we manage a select pool of artists, speakers, and performers, which you can book for a memorable charity event that makes an impact.
Start browsing our portfolio of entertainers now, and don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at (615) 283-0039 if you want to learn more or if you have any questions you’d like to ask.