The best compliment an event planner could get with their fundraising entertainment choices is a roomful of people who want to come back to your next fundraiser.
To achieve such a goal, one needs to have a fundraising strategy in place. Is this the case for you?
If the answer is “no,” you might need some inspiration with the following guideline on fundraising in 2021.
1. Use Crowdfunding
Peer-to-peer fundraising has proven it’s worth time and time again. If you think you can get donations from practically any corner of the world, you uncover a whole new territory.
This leads us further to the entertainment part.
Say you managed to involve a significant number of new donors. Now how can you entertain those who’ve contributed but cannot attend an event?
You can solve the situation by investing in audio-video equipment and setting live streams of your events.
In this case, the best approach would be music-based and you can bring fresh performers like Ice Beat Factory to step it up. Without a doubt, Ice Beat Factory is one of the most entertaining Fundraising Entertainment Choices for 2019.
It would be a spectacular display of compelling visuals and sound, as well as a surprise element – the ice.
2. Build Online Presence
With fundraisers, much effort is put into event preparation – venue, food or invitations.
However, the last item on the list can be achieved significantly more easily if you worked on your online presence.
For a start, it is a good idea to grow your blog or website. Try to monitor trending topics and link them to fundraising principles or themes. Then publish your content based on a thorough content plan.
The idea is to build up a resource people can always access and get to know your acts. They will feel much more compelled to rally to your cause – which will further ignite your brand awareness.
3. Be Open to Partnerships
2019 will most likely not be the year to go alone on your path.
Teaming up with fellow organizers or with other organizations can show your audience you:
- Value the importance of experience sharing.
- Are willing to go to great lengths to get the best fundraising entertainment choices. After all, collaborations can get you more famous performers.
- Get along with peers in the fundraising world and work towards the viewers’ best interest.
- Are able to think globally and learn the best practices, even if you do not share the exact values as your partners.
In the fundraising world, it is about spreading good vibes and value. To succeed, it is useful if you start with the betterment of your principles.
4. Prioritize Mobile Friendliness
It seems everyone is channeling their efforts towards optimizing for mobile devices.
Is that something you should also be doing? The answer is a definite “yes,” especially if you rely on online donations.
Users usually get frustrated by pages that don’t load and could easily tune out and lose interest.
Plus, Mobile is a great medium for showcasing appealing announcements or calls to action in a neat, creative design.
Channeling your efforts towards mobile responsivity is one of the smartest decisions for a fundraiser who wants to branch out.
5. Fundraising Entertainment Choices Should Incorporate More Social Media
Do we need to say more? Social media is essential these days, within almost all industries.
Why should you increase your social network presence? Just a few reasons:
- You can gather a larger following with minimal resources.
- You can ask for volunteers in online communities, in case you need a quick solution.
- Engagement is crucial to a fundraiser and social media grants you that – if used well. At this point, it is worth doing research on the best-suited platforms for you. Pinterest, Instagram, or LinkedIn are not the only options.
What Do People Expect from Fundraising Entertainment this year?
Change, change, change – this is the driving force behind every industry, no matter its profile.
And fundraising entertainment makes no exception – it follows the same mantra.
However, regardless of change, there is something entertainment has is. Especially when those people are also contributing to a fundraiser, you need to make sure you are offering them a good time at your events.
That is why we gathered some information on how people are likely to respond to entertainment this year.
1. Video Content
These days, people are always on the road, always shifting between duties or multitasking. So, naturally, they want to make good use of their time.
Video content fits right in with this need people have.
That is because video content is easy to take in, engaging, and conveys information in an efficient manner.
If we look at recent Hubspot statistics, there are several points that may give you some ideas:
- 55% of video consumption on smartphones was directed towards content under 5 minutes long.
- Live video is on the rise, with Facebook users watching three times more live videos than regular ones.
- In 2017, video content will account for 74% of all Internet traffic.
- When they are looking for a product, people are 4 times more likely to get their information from a video rather than from written material.
While fundraising entertainment is not a product per se, it follows roughly the same consumption principles. So it can benefit in the same ways from using video, be it in the promotional phase or during the event itself.
The main takeaway here is that you should craft as many video materials as resources allow you. They should be:
- under 5 minutes long
- engaging and entertaining
Keep in mind that entertainment is not just an act you hire to perform on stage.
It can also come from you. Past events, team presentations, and showcasing a cause can all be turned into entertainment opportunities.
2. More Transparency and Tech-Savviness
Donating money is a noble endeavor and four that people want to know how, when, and to what extent their cash is.
This year foundations that prioritize transparency are more likely to drive more interest because they project more trust.
If you seek to be one of them, rest assured; there are tools to help you on this road. You can integrate each one of the following strategies into your entertainment lineup:
- More integrated fundraising software
- Mobile outreach channels
3. People Expect Fundraising Entertainment to Look Professional and Individualized
The emphasis will be more on quality over quantity.
In the fundraising entertainment industry, quality equals original content tailored to your cause.
After all, delivering a strong message is pretty much the core of a successful fundraiser.
People respond to clear-cut, attentively crafted messages.
So, the next fundraiser you are planning should hire a performer who knows to craft content that’s:
- in line with your organization’s values and style
- using several types of resources
- delivered in a multimedia format, if possible
A performer who fits this description is Simon Pierro, the one who coined a new niche in illusionism – digital magic.
Here’s his However, act on The Ellen Show:
We do agree, complying with people’s needs can sometimes be a bit of a gamble.
To get it right, though, we are giving you a pro tip: Get involved in online communities in your industry. This is where you will take the pulse of how your future guests expect to be entertained at your event.
Another tip would be to stay tuned to our site. We’re showcasing all the latest entertainment additions and updates there, as well as fundraising tips and best practices.
On top of the main 8 points outlined in this article, there is an additional aspect. You should build up your ‘brand’ so as performers will want to work with you as well.
Want to know more about how to match the pieces in the fundraising entertainment puzzle? Keep in touch and register for our newsletter.