Fundraising event planning is always a challenge, and it is essential to take it step by step every time. There are many things which can go wrong in the planning process, but, luckily, having a guide can help a lot.
It will make it easy for you to stay on track and ensure you do not forget anything.
That being said, let’s discover the most important steps when planning a fundraising event.
How to Plan for the Event
- First, you have to decide on the purpose of organizing this fundraising event. It can be to raise money for a particular campaign or to promote awareness about your organization. Then, set a concrete goal, whether it is building a certain amount of money or attracting a specific number of donors.
- Then, you need to set the budget for the fundraiser. Having a list of all the items you are going to need for the event can help a lot. You can also estimate the quantity you are going to need for each item and the cost. You can create a spreadsheet to organize the budget and the costs for everything you will need.
- It is also important to define the audience you want to attract for your event. Think about the demographics, the interests, and the audience’s habits. The target will be different based on the action you want them to take.
- Then, you should pick the time and date for the event. In fundraising event planning, you should pay attention to the other main events which might conflict with yours. Venue costs will vary based on the day of the week you want to organize the event. Weekends are usually more expensive than weekdays. Also, the more guests you will have, the sooner you will want to start planning. If you are organizing an annual event, then be consistent when it comes to the timeline.
How to Prep for the Event
- You should not overlook paperwork when it comes to fundraising event planning. It is especially important if you serve food during the event or if you plan on hosting a raffle. A temporary food service permit is required, so you will need to check with the local health department. Also, you will need a license for hosting a raffle if it is not going to be part of the event.
- After you are done with the paperwork, it is time to find the perfect venue. This will happen at the same time you will pick the date and the time. Make sure you look into various options before you make a decision.
- Then, you need to start thinking about the entertainment you are going to hire. In this stage, it should be pretty easy to decide. You will know the size of the venue, the profile of your guests and the purpose of the fundraiser.
- You would not want for your guests to feel hungry or thirsty, so you should also book a caterer. Don’t forget to pick one who will not exceed your budget.
- Moreover, the final item on the planning list is promoting the event. Now, you want to focus all of your attention on making sure you are using all the marketing channels to get the word out. Combine offline and online marketing to find the best mix and attract your audience.
We Can Ease Your Fundraising Event Planning Process
You can get quickly overwhelmed by all the things you need to check off your list when planning a fundraiser. That is why we are here to help with an important aspect: the entertainment.
Get in touch with us, and we will do our best to provide the most amazing entertainment your audience will ever see.
Latest posts by Tim Grable (see all)
- 3 Massive Benefits of Booking a Certified Speaking Professional - October 17, 2019
- 4 Of The Most Memorable Music Acts From America’s Got Talent - October 15, 2019
- Our Top 10 Best World of Dance Acts - October 9, 2019