Last updated on November 17th, 2019 at 10:53 am
Thanks to charity events, your organization will increase its chances of getting more donations. When organizing this type of events, you must consider activities you can include to reach your goals.
Entertainment for charity events should not be overlooked when putting together all the details for it. If you are having doubts whether fundraiser entertainment is a good idea or not, then keep reading to see why it is.
This is hardly a secret. Booking great entertainment for charity events is a recipe for success, as it can help you:
- Create more hype for your upcoming event. Build excitement by letting guests know about the entertainment for the night through pre-event communications.
- Put donors in a giving mood. When people are relaxed, they are more open to new ideas and suggestions. Moreover, a great entertainer will know exactly how to build engagement around the fundraising aspect of the event and thus help you raise more money.
- Keep the event right on track. An experienced performer has a practiced ability to keep things on schedule so that everything goes off without a hitch.
The benefits are there, but maybe you have no idea how to reach a headline entertainer.
If that is the case, keep on reading. This article will walk you through all the main steps you need to take to have an amazing headliner at your next charity event.
Let’s get started!
The 5 Criteria to Consider When Picking Entertainment for Charity Events
Personal interaction is definitely important in the fundraising world. A great way of getting to interact with donors is through charity events. It’s fun, it can generate a lot of attention, and it makes donors happy.
If you want the event to be a blast, though, you’ll need entertainment for charity events. Not all performers are a good fit for fundraisers.
Here are the five criteria you need to consider to find the perfect act for your charity:
1. Your Reason for Booking Entertainment for Charity Events
Different acts serve different purposes. The first thing you should think about is what you want to gain by bringing entertainers.
If your cause needs dire attention, get someone who will get the audience to empathize with it. A motivational speaker like Captain Scott O’Grady would be perfect in this case.
If you’re celebrating a milestone, get someone who will make the guests laugh and have fun. A clean stand-up comedian like Rik Roberts can do wonders.
Whichever emotions you are trying to convey at your charity event, get appropriate entertainment.
2. Your Budget
A major mistake many event organizers make is overspending. You need to set a clear entertainment budget before you even start looking.
Allocate money wisely. You will have to decide what is worth investing in and what isn’t.
Entertainment is one of the most important factors in the success of an event and it deserves an appropriate budget.
Avoid overspending by making a plan right at the beginning.
3. What the Audience Wants
Remember that the entertainer is there for your guests, not for you. When searching for the right fit, think about your audience’s tastes, not your own.
Depending on the number of people who will be attending, this can be tricky. That’s why understanding the donor base is a task that needs attention long before the event.
Look through your contact information and try to find trends. Based on that information, you can create a few personas representing your donors.
Find the right entertainment based on those criteria.
If you don’t have any good leads, don’t shy away from flat-out asking the guests. It may spoil the surprise a bit, but it’s still better than missing the mark.
4. The Performers’ Experience
There are plenty of rising stars in the industry, beginners who are already making waves. Still, they can be unreliable. The much safer bet is to choose an entertainer with years of experience under their belt.
Take Jeff Allen as an example. After being a stand-up comedian for more than three decades, his material is polished to perfection. Whether it’s in front of a live audience or live cameras, Jeff always steals the show.
Make sure you pick time-tested entertainment for charity events.
You need someone reliable to wow your guests and get your message across.
5. How Versatile the Artist Is
It’s enough to get a talented entertainer, but you can go one step further. Ask the artist to create a unique, personalized show for your charity.
Not all entertainers will agree to do this. It heavily depends on their ability to adapt and their dedication to the event.
Personalized entertainment, however, will make the experience unforgettable to your audience.
If you don’t know where to find creative entertainment for charity events, look no further.
Connecting People to Your Cause and Organization
You might say that people are already connected to your cause if they are attending the charity event. Yes, that is correct, but not all of them are going to feel that way.
The purpose of entertainment for charity events is to make everyone better connected to your cause. Charity entertainers are professionals and know what to say and when to say. This will help attendees feel more relaxed, and even connected to other people they do not know from the event.
Engaging Your Audience
A common fear that charity event planners have is the fact that their audience will get bored and leave early. This could cost them a few donations.
You have several options when it comes to engaging guests at a charity event:
- Inspirational speaker. If there are some guests who want to support your cause, but they are not quite sure why they should donate, an inspirational speech can help. These speakers know exactly what to say to raise awareness about the importance of donating to your particular cause.
- Storytelling through Art. Storytelling is a type of art, and it can take many different forms. There are many entertainers out there who are not just comedians or musicians, but storytellers as well. If you want to impress your guests, then a storyteller will know how to push the right buttons.
- Magician. Aren’t we all fascinated by magic tricks? We are positive that your guests will be too. A magic show has the potential of keeping your audience at least until the end of the event. Moreover, possibly even longer to chat with you.
Creating a Long-Term Relationship with the Attendees
Even if not all the guests make a donation at the first event they are attending; it is important that they leave with a good impression.
If some of them will then tell their friends about your charity event, then your goal has been achieved. Next time, they might even bring one of their friends at your fundraiser, which increases your exposure even more.
As an organization, it is important for you to have a community of people formed around you. That way, you will know whom you can count on and who will support you during your actions.
Entertainment for charity events will make them memorable. It adds the fun in fundraising. Not only that, but it can spread the word quickly, and other people may want to join as well next time.
Give Entertainment for Charity Events a Try
We promise you -- you will not regret it. Moreover, you will notice its benefits shortly after the event is over. We can give you all the tips and recommendations you need when it comes to fundraising entertainers.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you need our help picking the entertainer for your charity event.
Start Early If You Want to Book Great Entertainment for Charity Events
It is important to allow yourself enough time to research your options before you sign a contract. Try to get as many references as possible before signing a contract.
Although this might take additional time, it will help you ensure the entertainer is right for your event and that they will rise to expectations.
Tip: Get references from charity events where entertainers have performed in the past. It is always a plus if you can get recommendations from events which have a similar profile.
Another reason why you should book entertainment ahead of time is that the best entertainers are usually in high demand.
Their schedule might just not allow them to attend your event, due to previously arranged engagements.
Book early, and you will have your choice of the best acts of the moment.
Think of Multiple Ways to Contact the Entertainer You Have in Mind for Your Event
There are so many different ways to reach out to someone nowadays. However, ironically, it seems like it has never been harder to get people actually to respond or contact you back.
So, it is always good to have a backup plan whenever you are working to land great entertainment for charity events.
Here are some modalities you can try:
- Online directories. You can use these to get in touch with headliners or their agents.
- Official website. All professional entertainers have one. Generally speaking, you can find all the information needed to reach out to a headliner or a rep in the Contact section of the site.
- Official social media accounts. Even if you do not get them to respond to you via direct message, you can most likely reach out to a representative who can process your request.
The Easiest Way Is to Work with a Professional Booking Agency
As you saw from this article, it is possible to land great entertainment for charity events all on your own.
However, you have to be ready to put in the time and effort to do the research and plan all the details involved in the process. It can get quite overwhelming at times, no doubt about that.
So, if you think your time is better spent fighting for your cause in different ways, consider landing top entertainment through a professional booking agency.
It is the most reliable and time-efficient solution.
The Grable Group manages a select pool of speakers, comedians, artists, and entertainers. We are confident you will find the right performer for your event among them.
Feel free to reach out to us as soon as possible if you have any questions. We are always looking forward to hearing from you.
- Virtual SandStory Events from Joe Castillo - March 24, 2020
- Which Were The Best Finalist Acts From World Of Dance? - March 9, 2020
- 4 Of The Best Satire Comedians In The Biz Right Now - March 5, 2020