Last updated on July 21st, 2017 at 07:52 pm
Organizing fundraising events can put much pressure on your shoulders. You need to have backup plans for everything, and on top of that, you must not forget to keep a smile on your face.
Forget about stress for a moment. In this article, we want to give you some tips and tricks which will help any fundraising event planner organize upcoming festivities like a pro.
Here are some pointers that will most certainly come in handy.
- The audience. Once you have determined who’s your audience for your next event, all the other aspects will be easier to establish. Starting to organize a fundraising event without picturing your audience is like running blindfolded.
- The limits. Fundraising event planners are no superheroes, so don’t beat yourself up. Be realistic and write down somewhere the things you will not be able to do. That way, you can avoid hiccups in the organization process.
When it comes to the budget, fundraising event planners may find that they need to get creative to pay for everything an event requires.
Here are our tips:
- Sponsors. They are treasured because you can also build a long-term relationship with them. Reach out to local businesses or even big business who are already known for participating in fundraising events.
- Expenses plan. Laying out a budget plan is essential, even though there are going to be only estimates. Write down the amount you think you are going to get from sponsors and also how much the event could potentially raise.
Getting People to Attend
The success of any fundraising event is determined by how many people attended and how much money you raised.
After you have got everything in place, how are you going to make people interested in your event? We are glad you asked.
- Crowdfunding your event. By setting up a crowdfunding campaign, you will be able to raise awareness and attract other people into becoming sponsors. This way, you could also quickly reach a minimum donation amount.
- Attracting your audience. For some people, the purpose of the fundraiser is not enough, so you will have to figure out how to make it even more attractive. For example, you can bring an international speaker, an entertainer or a performer.
Using Social Media
You cannot go wrong if you use social media to promote your fundraising event. Social media networks make it incredibly easy for other people to spread the word about your event. The great thing is that you can go as creative as you want here.
You can create YouTube videos, host live Q&As on Facebook, get involved in Twitter chats and other social media groups.
The Dream Team
We know – you would like to do it all yourself, but the truth is you will not be able to. That is why you should always put together a team to help you with the event. Delegating responsibilities for each team member is also paramount.
For example, you should have someone in charge of logistics. Then, someone who will greet the guests, or a person who will be in touch with the entertainer or speaker.
Fundraising Event Planners, We have Got Your Back!
Successful fundraising events are planned to the smallest details, no matter their size. We hope that these tips and tricks will help you in this process.
Whether it is a speaker or a comedian, you cannot have a fundraising event without a professional entertainer.
Contact us at 615-283-0039 and let’s discuss your event.