Last updated on May 23rd, 2020 at 06:53 am
In recent months, many online services have seen a surge in popularity, as nowadays, a majority of people’s daily activities are taking place on the internet.
Besides that, the troubled times brought forth by the pandemic have given people renewed interest in humanitarian activities. All of this leads to an environment where virtual fundraiser events are prolific.
If you are looking for some innovative and fresh ways to spruce up the potential of your fundraising event, then you have come to the right place.
In the following article, we will show you a few practical ways in how you can maximize the potential of your online fundraiser and turn it into a smashing success.
Give Your Fundraiser an Identity
Before you prepare to give your fundraiser an online presence, one of the first things you need to do is to give it personality. Giving your event a clear-cut identity that helps people to distinguish it easily.
Ask yourself any of the following questions:
- What is the theme of the event?
- What type of audience is the fundraiser aimed at?
- What issues are you addressing through your fundraiser?
You will need to have a clear answer for each of them to better shape your online fundraiser’s image. This helps your event have a clear-cut goal, target audience, and overall identity.
And having a well-established and cohesive online presence will give people an easier time to find and sympathize with your fundraiser on the internet. There are many dedicated online communities or organizations which are willing to support fundraisers that align with their interests.
Integrate Popular Fundraising Strategies
Many popular strategies used for in-person events can be transitioned seamlessly to an online environment, and we argue that they can be even more useful.
What we can do is to suggest a few donation strategies you can apply to your fundraiser:
- Donation blitz. Where the organization makes a periodic newsletter appeals to donors, during the event, and after the event has passed. This strategy is very effective in drawing recurring donors to your virtual fundraiser gala.
- Donation matching. Partner with an organization that is willing to match dollar for dollar of what your community manages to raise to a certain sum.
- Peer-to-peer fundraising. It is a strategy in which your entire network can get involved, by having everyone open individual donation pages -- it is effectively a fundraising campaign comprised of smaller fundraising efforts. This has an incredible reach to audiences because the fledgling pages are great at spreading the word, and eventually, more people can be drawn to your primary cause.
Depending on how you integrate these strategies as part of your event, you are looking to boost the potential of your online fundraiser gala significantly.
An intrinsic advantage of shifting your fundraiser on the internet is that you can use multiple online services or software to streamline the experience for your donors.
Add Donation Incentives to Your Virtual Fundraiser Gala
Donation incentives are a way to repay the goodwill of regular donors or others that have gone above and beyond by donating a substantial sum.
They are also a way to make your virtual fundraising event a bit more interesting as they gamify the donation experience.
Through incentives, you are giving the campaign a higher appeal to donors because they are getting something in return -- a tangible reward with actual utility or a token that they can make them proud of doing a good deed.
If you want to go this route, then be sure to choose a set of rewards that increase in value according to the sum that is being donated.
You can start by giving smaller rewards such as gift cards, vouchers, and then going up to offering physical rewards.
Give People an Experience They Won’t Forget
Online fundraising has, by far, some of the biggest potential to raise money for your organization. And if you want to try any of these ideas for your fundraising event, then be sure you do it the right way.
We can suggest even to book a professional performer to enhance the virtual fundraiser’s experience. A comedian’s or speaker’s years of on-stage experience transfer well to an online environment.
With the help of a professional, the fundraiser will be more attractive. Your donors will be glad to have their goodwill repaid through exciting and entertaining activities.
At The Grable Group, we have tailored our services to fit all kinds of virtual events. And if you are looking to book an entertainer, a virtual meeting moderator, or an emcee for your event, then we may have the right professional for you.
Be sure to reach out to us at (615) 283-0039, and we will gladly assist you!
- What’s Keeping Your Virtual Audiences From Not Being Engaged? - May 28, 2020
- 5 Online Entertainment Ideas that Will Help Kick Off Your Digital Event - May 27, 2020
- How Online Fundraising Is Thriving In Times Of Crisis - May 23, 2020