Finding new and exciting ideas to entertain the guests at your corporate event can be a difficult task. If your employees have a wide age range or come from a diverse background, it might help to find something that will raise the most heads.
1. Careful Planning Is the Key to Success
The event planning business is always a rushed one. That is why it helps to prepare your ideas and cover all your bases in advance.
When planning your corporate event, take note of the following:
- The purpose of the event – Are you organizing an event to reinforce corporate partnerships? Alternatively, are you just giving thanks to your employees for a job well done?
- Ways to improve company image – While you should keep your workers in mind at all times, that does not mean you cannot improve your business’s standing in the eyes of the public. Take the time to advertise properly and promote the event you are organizing because it will bring good publicity.
- Social media is the way to go – Your guests will most likely Tweet or post on Facebook during the event. Why not start your event page where attendees can leave their responses? It can be the quickest method of gathering the attention of potential business partners.
2. Taking the Safer Route: Comedy Acts
If you are on a budget, a simple comedy act might be enough elevate your employees’ spirits. However, how do you find a comedian who fits everyone’s taste? By getting one that’s tried and tested, of course!
Stand-up acts such as those of Tom Cotter or Jim Gaffigan are based on improvisation and interacting with the public. What better way to please your audience than by having the comedian get to know them?
Besides being the easiest way to entertain a crowd, you can also get your entertainer to promote your corporate message.
3. A Unique Corporate Event Experience
In the end, the whole business of corporate event planning is about creating a unique experience that will leave a lasting impact on your crew.
What if some of your employees choose to leave your company to pursue other ends? Any manager would prefer it if their former workers have only good things to say about their business culture.
Paint them a picture of a magnificent time. We mean that in the literal sense. Live painters such as Heidi Schwartz can bring artistic meaning to an important event. Because of the versatility of such an act, it can be used for almost any type of event without feeling out of place.
[Image Credits: Paint Your Event]
4. Have Fun in the Process
Being all serious about an event is easy. But make sure you are also planning something fun for you as well. After all, you are still part of the company. If you are not projecting energy and excitement for the event, what makes you think your attendees will have an excellent time?
If you are still not sure how to turn your corporate event into something memorable, be sure to give us a call, and we will take care of the rest.