Last updated on October 12th, 2019 at 10:40 am
A conference speaker can set the tone for the entire event, which is why it’s essential to pick carefully. You’ll want to find engaging conference speakers who can build a connection with the audience and add value to the event.
Problem is: it can be hard to know whether a keynote speaker possesses all the necessary qualities to keep guests engaged.
This is why we’ve included a few essential tips to guide you in the right direction towards finding the best speakers for your event. Keep reading.
Research Is Your Best Friend
Nowadays, there are many resources you can access to learn more about a speaker you’re considering for your conference. So you don’t even have to leave your desk.
Do some research online to find videos which show the speaker in action. While you’re watching the clip, make sure to pay attention to things like:
- Whether the speaker is a captivating storyteller or not. Speakers who present their content using storytelling are commonly a hit with the audience. It makes perfect sense, as we are all hard-wired for narrative. So, it’s best to book someone who can use words and the power of storytelling to take guests on an adventure.
- Does he/she share personal experiences? One of the most powerful assets speakers have when it comes to engaging guests is their own life experience. Sharing personal stories builds authenticity and makes the entire presentation more compelling – triggering an instant reaction from the audience.
- What is the speaker’s stage persona like? Book someone who knows how to work the audience and is charismatic enough to win guests over and keep them interested throughout their presentation.
Still aren’t sure what exactly to look for? Well, Robert Van Arlen is an excellent example of a conference speaker who checks all the boxes.
As you can see in the clip below, his presentations focus on captivating the audience through compelling storytelling, exceptional stage charisma, and original content. Plus, there’s music! Take a look:
Try Talking to the Speaker Beforehand
Having a genuine conversation with a speaker you’re considering can help you figure out if they are willing to make presentation adjustments based on their audience so that the overall experience will be a deeply-engaging one.
Also, this way, you can get a better sense of whether the speaker takes a real interest in your event and your guests. This is not only a sign of professionalism, but it also shows their level of commitment when it comes to the success of your event.
Team Up with an Agency to Book Engaging Conference Speakers
The easiest and fastest way to connect with top speakers is to work with a professional entertainment booking agency. The Grable Group features many engaging conference speakers who have expertise in a wide array of industries and fields.
So, an excellent place to start your search is right here. Chances are you won’t have to look anywhere else. Also, if you have any questions, reach out to us at 615 283 0039.
Latest posts by Tim Grable (see all)
- 4 Incredible Comedians Who Know How To Entertain A Difficult Audience - October 19, 2019
- 3 Powerful TEDx Speakers You’ll Wish You Knew About Sooner - October 18, 2019
- 3 Massive Benefits of Booking a Certified Speaking Professional - October 17, 2019