Your company’s anniversary represents reaching a new milestone. It’s also an excellent opportunity to make your business great for the future.
It’s the perfect occasion to bring employees, business associates, and important clients together in a festive setting. Sure, you probably have a cake every year, and maybe someone gives a speech, and that’s pretty much it.
If you’re here reading this article, you’re probably thinking about trying something new and exciting this year. Here are some pointers on how to celebrate the happy event in style:
Host an Awesome Party – and Tie It to Your Business Goals
By hosting a corporate party, you not only give employees and other guests a chance to unwind and communicate with each other. A party can also provide the perfect outlet to reinforce your business goals and values.
It might seem strange to use a party to talk about business, but under the right circumstances, it’s very effective. No one says you should discuss the company’s budget for next year or anything like that. But you can successfully use this occasion to:
- Announce future growth plans and other initiatives
- Reward deserving employees who made the company’s success possible
- Remind employees, clients, and partners about the company’s biggest achievements
Putting together a significant anniversary requires attention to details and careful planning. Depending on the size of your business, we recommend starting at least a few months in advance. After all, this particular occasion only comes once a year!
Invest in Quality Entertainment for Your Company’s Anniversary
There’s one thing that is more important than that cake with the company’s logo on it. And that is entertainment.
You may have heard this before, but it’s something worth repeating. Entertainment can make or break your company’s anniversary. Without quality entertainment, your event might end up being dull.
Performers are usually the talk of the night. Needless to say, it’s important you get it right. For these types of events, it’s best to choose an entertainer or speaker who can please every taste. Here are a few suggestions:
- Corporate Comedians. Everyone enjoys a good laugh, but it’s also important to choose an entertainer who will not go overboard with his/her jokes. We think an experienced comedian like Brad Trackman would be a perfect fit.
- Inspirational speakers. Want to use this anniversary to motivate and inspire employees to strive to be better? An engaging speaker can reinvigorate a company’s goals and offer a fresh perspective. Sounds like something you might be interested in? We recommend you get to know Dr. Gregg Steinberg.
Sure, the type of entertainment you choose will depend on the theme of the event, your budget, and attendees’ overall preferences.
However, you should know that celebrating your company’s anniversary doesn’t have to be crazy-expensive. A little creativity and choosing the right entertainment will ensure everybody will have an excellent time.
Whatever you decide to do to mark this event, don’t let your corporate anniversary be just another date on the calendar. You have a chance to make it more meaningful this year by incorporating some of the ideas mentioned in this article.
Oh, one last thing: Congratulations on your corporate anniversary! We hope there will be more ahead!