Last updated on August 12th, 2018 at 06:06 am
It’s not the venue; it’s not the food; it’s not even whether there’s an open bar or not. The one thing most people are more likely to remember in regards to a live event is how it made them feel and what was the overall value they got in return for their time and energy.
That’s what makes booking the best keynote speaker for your event critical to its success. A speaker is the one who sets the tone for an event, engage guests and ultimately ensure your organization leaves a favorable impression on them.
That said, here are a few unshakable tips for choosing the right speaker for your next conference, corporate gathering or business seminar.
Educate Yourself on the Main Types of Keynote Speakers
Not all keynote speakers are created equal. Also, one of the secrets to booking the best keynote speaker for your event is to make sure their strengths align with the primary goals you’ve set for the event.
In a nutshell, here is a breakdown of your main options and when to consider them.
- Motivational/Inspirational. Presented ideas are meant to guide the perception of guests towards positive change. This is done by leveraging the power of personal examples and a persuasive style. Perfect for when you want to offer something unique to attendees, something that’s a part of a bigger vision and makes them feel inspired and empowered.
- Humorous. One of the best ways to jazz up your event is by booking a speaker who adds a comic touch to their speeches. If you want to make sure your event stands out, this might be the way to go.
- Expert. These are professionals who have specific knowledge in their line of work, and thus can provide detailed insights to drive up the value of your event. The content is mainly intended to inform and introduce guests to new concepts and strategies in their niche. Great for business workshops, business conventions, and training sessions.
Don’t Underestimate the Value of Meticulous Research
In case you don’t have much experience with booking speakers, research is your best friend.
Booking an event speaker without seeing them perform means unnecessary tempting faith. There is no reason why you should do it, especially considering that these days you have plenty of methods to learn more about speakers you’re considering.
So more often than not, the information you need is just a few clicks away. For instance, look over:
- Testimonials from past clients
- Presentation videos
- Prior appearances on TV shows
- TedX presentations speakers may have included in their portfolio
- Their websites (if they have them) or sites that feature them (such as talent booking agencies)
The more thorough you are with this, the more likely you are to book the best keynote speaker for your event. That’s because you’ll get a genuine sense of whether a speaker is relevant to the theme, style, and purpose of the event.
What’s more, you’ll figure out if they’ve collaborated with organizations like yours in the past and whether they are good enough at professional speaking to keep an audience engaged.
Also, it will help you form an overview of what’s out there regarding keynote speakers, which means it will be a lot easier to book a speaker the next time around.
Work with a Reliable Agency to Find the Best Keynote Speaker Faster
A lot is riding on this, so don’t feel like you have to do everything on your own when browsing for someone to speak at your event. Sometimes, the best way to go is to find talent for your event through a reputable entertainment agency.
Here at the Grable Group, we manage a wide selection of top speakers whose expertise range from technology to productivity, teambuilding – and everything in between.
Also, we put together a simple, straightforward process to narrow down your search and, ultimately, find the perfect fit. Feel free to put our system to the test, and filter based on budget, language, topic and more.