Last updated on February 1st, 2019 at 05:24 am
A company anniversary party is another way of saying “thank you” to those who make sure your business runs as it should.
Holding the best company anniversary party is an excellent way to celebrate reaching a new milestone. Also, it boosts employee morale by rewarding them for all the hard work they have done and also encourages them to keep doing a great job.
However, these types of events do require a fair amount of planning, so we thought these tips on how to throw a fabulous party would come in handy.
Choosing a Date and Booking the Vendors Early on
One of the first things you will have to think about when planning a company anniversary party is the date when the event will take place. Because it is an anniversary celebration, the date should be as close to the time of year your business opened up to the public.
Also, it is best if your party does not overlap with any important holidays or other significant events happening within your industry.
Another aspect which should be addressed as early as possible in the planning process is that of booking vendors for your event. This includes caterers, bartenders, a photographer and possibly a venue decorator.
This way, you will get your pick and won’t have to settle for anything less than exactly what you wanted when you envisioned the event unfold.
Make Sure the Venue Checks All the Essential Boxes
The venue plays a vital role when it comes to planning a memorable company anniversary party everyone will love as well.
Here are a few things to keep in mind which will help you make the best choice:
- Convenient Location. If some guests are traveling from a different city to attend your event, make sure the venue is conveniently located near hotels.
- Facilities which support what you had in mind for your event. In addition to must-haves like handicap access and clean restrooms, also check for things like the audio system and the size of the dancefloor. These details can make the difference between an okay event and a great one.
- Ample Parking. It is important to ensure the venue’s parking can accommodate all of your guests. Depending on the size of your party, you might want to choose a place which offers valet service, as well.
Entertainment Is the Secret to a Great Company Anniversary Party
Entertainment is a top ingredient for creating amazing experiences and lasting memories at an event.
When browsing for the right entertainer to book for this special occasion, though, make sure to take the primary goal of the event into account:
- Is the purpose to inspire, motivate and empower employees through knowledge? If so, your best bet is going with an experienced speaker who can deliver a persuasive speech or presentation everyone will remember.
- Or is it to recognize the hard work of your employees and reward their efforts in a unique way? In this case, you cannot go wrong with a famous entertainer like Louie Anderson whom everyone will instantly recognize.
Link Entertainment to Business Goals
A company anniversary party is a good time to reinstate company values or announce growth plans.
This goes well with a business motivational speech right before announcing a new initiative. Get your people all geared up to give their best right from the start of the project.
And what way to better do that than by hiring a skilled business speaker? There’s plenty of options worth your attention. One of them could be leadership coach and New York Times best-selling author, John Townsend.
When you choose the type of entertainment for your party, consider several aspects. Decide whether the gigs you include serve the purpose of your brand.
If your profile appeals to a diverse audience, take a safer approach with clean comedy.
Make the Company Anniversary Party Meaningful
Convey a meaningful vibe by engaging with your employees and getting them involved in the event.
Remember they love to make themselves useful, so the party can have a deeper impact on them. Giving them a reason to care shows you are concerned with more than just turning a profit.
Another thing you can do – educate guests by inviting an influencer from the community.
Even though “education” might not seem compatible with “entertaining”, you should give it a second chance.
Just ask your employees how many times they’ve watched TED Talks. Some of them might use it as a self-help platform, or a source of inspiration, self-development and even a way to unwind after work.
So why not capitalize on people’s need for growth?
For some, fun is when they interact with ideas and life-changing experience.
Of course, you must make sure the educational content is delivered in a lightweight manner. Still, it’s worth doing a bit of research to go off the beaten track with your company anniversary party.
Use Entertainment to Create a Company Tradition
You can consider creating a tradition within the anniversary parties that you organize.
A useful tip is taking on a fun, artistic activity everyone can partake in. If not, see what creative acts are within reach – speed painting, instant art performances, handcrafting; the list goes on.
If this is your first company party and you’re on a budget, try asking your workmates if they can provide the entertainment. Drama improvisations, office jokes, karaoke. Promote the talent already existing within your team.
Company anniversary gatherings seem to be following the same practices and patterns.
But with a bit of creativity and interest, you can create your own way of celebrating. After all, you are also celebrating uniqueness, individuality and the path that led you to the present moment.
Of course, there are many other entrainment possibilities to choose from in addition to the ones mentioned above. From musicians and comedians to ventriloquists and magicians, you have options.
We can discuss your needs in detail and recommend the best artists and entertainers based on that. We’ve made dozens of companies happy, so why not contact us and be one of them? All you have to do is reach out to us via phone at the following number: (615) 283-0039.
- Virtual SandStory Events from Joe Castillo - March 24, 2020
- Which Were The Best Finalist Acts From World Of Dance? - March 9, 2020
- 4 Of The Best Satire Comedians In The Biz Right Now - March 5, 2020