It’s a hard task to organize an event that can cater to the audience’s expectations. In this case, we ask ourselves, why not shatter the expectations entirely?
Corporate events get a bad rap sometimes as being boring and predictable. However, just because you are catering to a serious audience of business professionals doesn’t mean you can’t inject some fun and creativity into your events.
Great Ideas For A Corporate Event That Will Take Your Guests By Surprise
A corporate event can be tremendously appreciated when it is out of the box and offering the guests a dynamic experience.
It’s certainly something worth trying and if it has been on your mind for a while, then be sure to keep on reading this article, as in the following paragraphs we showcase some ideas on how you can make your event more surprising for your guests!
Here are a few practical tips which will help you avoid the snooze-fest and plan fun corporate events guests will love.
1) Take Your Event Outside
Hosting your event indoors is indeed more convenient; however, not all events need to take place inside an audience hall. An event can turn out equally amazing if it is hosted outside.
Event-Attendees will come to appreciate this idea even more than you would expect – as they gain a sense of relief from the extra freedom of movement, an otherwise enclosed space wouldn’t offer.
Furthermore, there are a plethora of activities which feel more natural when done outdoors.
For example, sports activities or even concerts are great in the open air, and the attendees will feel more at home and eager to take part in what’s going on.
And if you’re worried about the weather, then be sure to have a cover to provide shelter for your guests.
2) Astonish Your Guests with a Surprise Performer
Your guests will surely not suspect an artist to come out of the crowd and to put on an engaging performance. If this is the level of spontaneity you want to have at your corporate event, then you’re in luck – acts like The Three Waiters are precisely what you’ve been looking for!
They are a group of talented, exquisite, and charming performers who bring a unique twist to their musical comedy act.
The core of their act consists of them dressing up as regular waiters, and, when the time comes, they take everyone by surprise by going up on stage, singing in unison, and putting on an incredible display of showmanship.’
3) Have Your Guests Become Part of the Performance
At its core, an event is a social activity, and its success is measured by how pleasant and engaging the event experience is.
In regards to this, even something as simple as an audience, Q & A panel can go a long way. However, if you would want your corporate event to stand out truly, then you will have to do more than that.
You can go the extra mile by having your guests be involved in the event’s activities. You can organize entertainment segments where the audience actively participates in them.
To give you a better understanding of what we mean by this, here are a few examples of how to put this concept into practice.
- You can hire a magician who will have members of the audience assist as volunteers for the tricks.
- A band or musician can get the audience involved in singing along.
- Motivational speakers know how to engage their listeners and to appeal to their inner desires.
4) Take Your Guests in the Future
Technology is always a topic of great interest to audiences worldwide. Many exciting developments are being made around the world people would want to know about, but they may not have the time for it.
As an event planner, you can leverage people’s curiosity for technology by hosting an event centered on different scientific and technological concepts.
For example, have experts in this field come on stage and showcase to the audience new cutting edge technologies that have come up and how it can make their lives better.
5) Get out of the Office
An effective way to make events more fun is to move guests out of their usual work routine and surprise them with an unexpected location, such as:
- An amusement park. If you have the budget, you can even rent an entire section of the park just for your guests.
- An aquarium. Consider taking the company out for an afternoon at a nearby aquarium. Alternatively, if you’re planning a corporate gala, for instance, this type of venue will provide a magical and memorable backdrop for your special occasion.
- A luscious summer garden or a botanical park.
Another thing to take into account is that the venue you choose for your event will also influence the dress code.
If you want to create an environment where guests feel more comfortable and more relaxed, consider going for something more casual.
6) Include an Interactive Activity
When picturing how to plan fun corporate events, the image of guests sitting down idle at their tables the entire night, eager for the event to come to an end, doesn’t exactly fit the bill.
You can make guests feel more engaged in the event by incorporating fun activities for them to do. Here are a few examples:
- Arts and Crafts competition. Divide guests into teams and get them involved in some arts and crafts (it can be anything from painting to jewelry-making). Offer prizes for the best project to get some competitive energy flowing and invigorate your event.
- Throw a prize raffle. Who doesn’t get excited when it comes to winning free stuff, right? Save the raffle for the last part of the event to build up anticipation and keep guests excited.
- Q&A session with a special guest (it can be a higher-up of the company or one of your top employees). This allows guests to ask questions, share their opinions, thus nurturing their sense of importance and making them feel more involved in the event.
7) You Can’t Go Wrong with High-Quality Entertainment
Booking a top entertainer is one of the best ways to jazz up a standard event and make it livelier and more exciting.
Plus, corporate entertainment covers a broad spectrum of possibilities, so you’ll have plenty of options to choose from. Here are just a few alternatives to consider:
- make guests laugh by hiring a clean comedian
- to keep the audience on the edge of their seats with a thrilling act.
- get them up from their seats and on to the dance floor by booking an energizing musical act.
Each one of the types of entertainment mentioned above will add a new level of excitement to your events. If you are interested in making them a part of your event, go ahead and contact us at (615) 283-0039.
We’ll help you book the right entertainment for your events – every single time!
Make Your Corporate Event More Surprising
The ideas showcased in the article are only a few ways in which you can make your event more interesting for your guests.
To truly offer your guests a unique experience, we suggest hiring a professional entertainer who knows the ins and outs of how to work with an audience.
Ready to Plan Fun Corporate Events?
We hope you’ve got some fresh inspiration on how to plan exciting events from reading this article. Also, if you are looking for more advice and ideas, we encourage you to check out some of the other articles on our site.
We, at The Grable Group, can get you in touch with over 1, 500 performers, allowing you to find the ones that are just right for your event!