Although there are many benefits to hosting virtual events, there is no denying that doing it successfully does come with specific challenges.
One of the challenges is that online events provide guests with more opportunities to tune off and give in to distractions at home.
So, a key question that all event planners must answer is:
When attention comes at a premium, how do you keep remote audiences engaged and invested? With a little creativity and careful planning, you can create digital events more than attendees watching a screen.
Keep reading to discover four proven tips that will help you create better engagement at virtual events.
1. Start it Off Right
The way you begin your meeting will set the tone for the rest of the event, which is why an engaging event should always start with a great opening.
- Dedicating time for check-ins. Working from home can often feel lonely and isolating, so it’s essential to build time for a round of check-ins to let attendees share how they are doing.
- Setting a few ground rules for the meeting. Help attendees get into the right mindset by setting expectations for their participation. Let them know they are expected to actively engage in the event and present the opportunities they have to do so.
You can also open with a dedicated entertainment act to energize guests from the get-go, help them ease into the meeting, and set the stage for an engaging event.
2. Break up Speaker Sessions
The way you format your events plays a key role in making sure which guests will remain engaged throughout the event.
Consider breaking up speaker sessions with entertainment to re-energize attendees and reset their attention. This adds variety to your event while also providing guests with an extra incentive to remain focused and not zone out.
Magic shows, sand art, music performances – these are all excellent online entertainment options you should consider for this. But they are not the only ones.
3. Don’t Overlook Entertainment to Improve Engagement at Virtual Events
A top reason why digital events are dull and lack engagement are that there’s little to no connection between attendees. And while creating a communal atmosphere is more challenging online than it is offline, there are some things you can do.
For example, book a highly-interactive entertainment act.
Doing so will not only bring up the mood but also help create enjoyable, shared experiences at your event – making attendees feel more connected to each other.
Furthermore, when it comes to digital entertainment, there are plenty of options to choose from, such as:
- Virtual ventriloquist. A professional ventriloquist like Terry Fator or Darci Lynne is sure to get everyone smiling with their unique abilities.
- Magic act. If you’re looking for proven tips that will add a serious wow factor to your event, look no further than best-in-class virtual magicians such as Ben Seidman or Michael Carbonaro.
- Telepathy show. The perfect entertainment for events that celebrate the new year, a telepathy show performed by two of the most awarded performers in their field will captivate and dazzle attendees.
Want even more options to Improve Engagement at Virtual Events?
Start browsing our extensive portfolio of premium entertainers now and find the perfect fit for your next digital event!
4. Integrate Live Polls
Break the monotony by conducting fun, interactive polls during your virtual events.
Beyond being a lively, enjoyable activity that keeps attendees engaged, live polls also serve as a social bonding tool.
Social bonding improves team-work and helps foster creativity, so it’s always a good idea to cultivate it, even in a virtual context.
Looking for More Inspiration and Proven Tips to Improve Engagement at Virtual Events?
While digital events are different from in-person events in many ways, engagement should still be a top priority. We hope that this article has inspired you to think more creatively about how to keep remote attendees focused and involved.
For more proven tips, be sure to check out this article and discover other ways to keep your virtual attendees engaged and happy.