With online events becoming increasingly popular, the novelty aspect of attending an event virtually is quickly wearing off.
As a result, securing attendance and driving up engagement by hosting a virtual event is becoming more challenging.
The solution is to focus more on creating and delivering memorable, immersive event experiences in a digital context.
How to do this?
Keep reading to discover 3 proven ways to elevate your guests’ experience in virtual space.
1. Provide Multiple Ways for Attendees to Interact with Others
Many virtual events take the form of long talks or a live-streams that participants can tune into, automatically assuming a passive role in your event.
If the only thing guests can do at your virtual event is stare at a screen, watching one presentation after another, they’ll end up losing interest and getting bored. So not a great experience for them.
Creating opportunities for participants to interact with others can change guests from passive observers into active, engaged participants. This way, they will feel more immersed in the event experience.
A few ideas you can try here:
- Allow guests to join the conversation and interact with your speakers by allotting Q&A time at the end of the presentation. The best keynote speakers should accommodate this request, therefore adding even more value to your event.
- Create breakout sessions where guests can live chat with others in between speaker panels (much like they’d do during a coffee break at an in-person event)
2. Use Gamification to Keep Interest Levels High
People usually feel more motivated to engage in an activity if there’s a prize involved.
And this is where gamification comes into play.
Gamifying your virtual event experience implies rewarding your attendees for specific actions they take or achievements they earn at your event.
For example, they could earn tokens or points to participate in a fun, real-time Trivia Game that puts their knowledge to the test.
All guests can be ranked on a live leaderboard, which is sure to spark some friendly competition and level up excitement – especially if they can cash in their tokens or points for a prize.
3. Don’t Overlook Entertainment
One of the biggest gripes about virtual events is that they often end up feeling very similar – like they were all cast in the same mold.
Virtual entertainment allows you to surprise your guests and make your event stand out from the rest.
Furthermore, attendees can experience a range of different emotions and senses without leaving their homes or offices. All of which will add to their overall experience attending your event.
The best part? Many excellent entertainment options work great in a digital context.
- Comedy. When in doubt, you can’t go wrong with booking a comedian. A comedy show is not only the perfect icebreaker but also an instant stress reliever and mood booster. Here are three suggestions that are sure to drive up engagement:
- Magic. Merging interactive magic with technology, a virtual magic act is a sure way to captivate the audience’s attention and add a wow factor to your event.
- Music. Solo singers & musicians, violinists, acoustic bands – these are just a couple of examples of live music acts which you can book to create memorable experiences at your event.
Let’s Work Together to Make Your Virtual Event the Best It Can Be
If you have a digital event coming up and want to set it up for success by booking the best entertainment available right now, you can count on us.
Check out our portfolio of premium virtual talent now, and don’t hesitate to reach out to us at (615) 283-0039 in case you have any questions. We look forward to hearing from you soon.