- Everything I Needed To Know I Learned From My Wife!
About Rex’s Shows and Keynotes
For over 20 years, Rex Havens has entertained and educated audiences around the world (50 states, 15 countries and counting) with his insightful observations about the hilarious miscommunications that populate our personal lives. He offers two entertainment-based shows, “Everything I Needed to Know, I Learned From My Wife” and “Bidding You a Fond ‘I Do’“, a theater-style show. After decades of working with companies of every size in literally every industry, Rex has also created the defining presentation on how to build and maintain successful interpersonal relationships at work as well, both manager-to-employee and colleague-to-colleague: One Big Happy Family!
Rex has been delighting comedy audiences for 20 years, in world-famous comedy clubs like The Improv, Catch-A-Rising Star, Funny Bones and Zanies, on television for Showtime, Comedy Central and Comic Relief, on radio with Bob & Tom and NPR, cruise ships worldwide, and corporate clients including GM, American Express, Texaco, 3M, Coca-Cola, IBM, Toshiba, Lowe’s, Johnson & Johnson, Ameritech, Proctor & Gamble, State Farm, Quaker Oats, Verizon and the IRS (“Working for the IRS is the only sure way to get money from them.”), and numerous non-profit and charitable organizations, such as St. Jude’s and the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
A former college professor who made the unusual transition to the standup comedy stage in the ’80′s, Rex has always believed that laughter is the best defense against a confusing and challenging world. Rex’s take on marriage and family has propelled him to performances in all 50 states and around the world, including London, Hong Kong, Amsterdam, Bermuda, Montreal, Barcelona, Copenhagen, Aruba, Rome and Cannes.
Everything I Needed To Know I Learned From My Wife!
Though it’s not a fair fight, and probably ought to be stopped, it thrives and rages for the most primal of reasons — it’s endlessly mysterious, fascinating and fun! Rex Havens braves this haunting, daunting battlefield armed with the only weapon essential to survival — laughter! Based on the only two truths Rex has learned about men and women — “I’m a man . . . and I’m Sorry!” Rex’s comedy routine is a fresh approach to an ageless subject, tongue planted firmly and cleverly in cheek, and dedicated to the notion that happiness lies not in victory, but in the glory and undeniable humor of the struggle. Yes, it’s not the destination but the journey…
And the journey with Rex includes such lessons as:
- The Wedding. “Sorry, pal, not your day.”
- Women and children first. “Still not your day!”
- She’s your “better half.” Guess what that makes you.
- “I just hope you’re happy” and other lines your wife can deliver with a straight face.
- “Would it kill you to . . . . ?” No? Then do it and shut up.
- Marriage is a democracy: One woman, one vote!
- How my resourceful wife took a beautiful, huge, His-&-Her walk-in closet . . . and converted it . . . to a “Her!”
This is family-friendly standup comedy for all ages. Whether the battle is won or lost matters little in the end. When we’re able to examine honestly our strengths, weaknesses, insecurities and incongruities, with open minds, hearts and smiles, everyone wins!
Building Better Company Families One Laugh At a Time
Teambuilding and Communication Keynote
Rex Havens spent his education collecting a string of initials after his name – BA, JD, MBA, CLU, CPCU, CSP – then honed his business acumen as a college professor of business and law and as an attorney* for a Fortune 50 company. But his natural gift for entertainment just wouldn’t leave him alone. So in 1991 he left behind the worlds of academia, business and law and took to the comedy stage, becoming a creature almost as rare in nature as a unicorn. The result is ‘One Big Happy Family,’ an hysterical analysis of the ways we miscommunicate at work and what we should all do to maximize the possibilities of our professional relationships.
Simply put, “One Big Happy Family” is the most entertaining communication and teambuilding seminar you will ever see. You’ll laugh like never before and come away with ideas and strategies which will make all of your relationships – professional and personal – stronger than they’ve ever been.
- The simple (no-cost) changes you can make today to improve your corporate culture and strengthen your team dynamic.
- The 7 things all managers should say to improve employee engagement and productivity.
- The 7 things all team members should say and internalize to resolve conflicts, or better still, avoid them before they begin.
- Communication strategies for creating seamless and enjoyable change management.
- Communication improvement techniques for an age-diverse workforce. Striking Powerpoint demonstrating each generation’s mindset and formative influences.
*Don’t hold that against him. It was the ‘70’s, it was a crazy time, and everyone was doing it.