Latest posts by Tim Grable (see all)
- 5 Incredible Magic Acts From The New York Magic Scene - January 23, 2020
- How to Hire a Celebrity Speaker (the Easy Way) - January 22, 2020
- 4 Comedians to Watch Right Now if You Enjoy One Liner Jokes - January 21, 2020
There is no denying the fact that celebrities are a great draw for any event. A celeb’s name recognition alone can boost sales and even sell out your event faster than expected.
Plus, it can help you generate much buzz for your event and provide additional advertising.
But how do you go about hiring such a person? In this article, we’ll show you the easy way to hire a celebrity speaker, so make sure to keep reading.
One of the first things you should know about celebrity speakers is that they are usually booked well in advance. So don’t leave this to the last minute.
However, now it can be as short as a couple of months. But if you don’t want to risk anything, consider starting to reach out to the speakers you’d like to book six months before your event.
Do Your Homework
Before you start sending DMs and making invitations, it’s critical to do your research and make sure you hire a celebrity speaker who is right for your event.
Don’t focus on getting the hottest name. Celebrities have interests, causes they are passionate about. Some of them have been through experiences that have provided them with a unique view of life or insight into different topics.
The celebrity speakers who will add the most value to your event are passionate about your cause or most likely to be invested in the purpose of your event.
It’s someone who can inspire your audience and motivate them to take action – whether that has to do with donating to a particular cause or self-improvement.
High-profile speakers are usually in high demand. One of the best avenues to reach out is through a mutual contact. If someone you know can put in touch with the speaker you want, they are more likely to consider your invitation immediately.
If there’s no one in your network of people you can’t think of for this, don’t worry. Most speakers have professional representation you can reach out to (booking agents or agencies, managers, and publicists).
You can also try contacting them directly via their social media accounts.
Offer the Right Incentives
Once you have a list of celebrity speakers you think are right for your event, you should start thinking about incentives you can offer to make speaking at your event more enticing.
Of course, money is the first incentive you should consider if you want to hire a celebrity speaker, but it’s not the only one. Here are a few others to keep in mind.
- Accommodation and transport. If attending your event requires the celebrity speaker to fly in, make sure you have all those costs covered when making an offer.
- Location. If your event takes place in a special area, that can be a great selling point you can use.
- A way to make a difference. Show how being involved in your event gives them a chance to be a part of something great. For example, if you’re hosting a fundraiser gala, make it clear how your organization helps change the world for the better.
The Easiest Way to Hire a Celebrity Speaker
Following the tips provided in this article should make hiring a celeb a lot easier. But if you’re looking for the easiest way, we’ve got you covered.
The Grable Group is a professional talent booking agency. We’ll connect you with some of today’s A-list celebrity speakers, such as:
- Rudy Ruettiger. Rudy’s early life and career playing football at the University of Notre Dame despite tremendous challenges were the inspiration for the 1993 film Rudy. Now, Rudy inspires audiences to Dream Big and Never Quit.
- LL Cool J., The famous hip-hop artist/actor/author, is sure to leave a lasting impression on your event’s guests.
- Steven Ford. The son of President Gerald Ford and Betty Ford and an accomplished Hollywood actor, Steven, has all the qualities of a memorable celebrity speaker.
For more information, get in touch with us today at (615) 283-0039.