- The Most Unique Performances from Britain’s Got Talent: The Champions - March 31, 2020
- Virtual SandStory Events from Joe Castillo - March 24, 2020
- Which Were The Best Finalist Acts From World Of Dance? - March 9, 2020
Last updated on June 9th, 2019 at 01:46 pm
A company party is an excellent way to boost company morale, strengthen relationships between employees – and have fun. But if you want to truly make it an event to remember, it’s important to invest in entertainment.
Comedy is a great choice because everybody loves to laugh, but not all entertainers are created equal. So, in this article, we shared a few essential tips which will help you pick the best comedians for your upcoming corporate party.
Let’s jump right in!
Start by Researching Your Audience
Comedy has a universal appeal. However, not everybody laughs at the same jokes. This is why you should start by getting to know your audience when choosing a comedian for your party.
Researching your audience’s demographics will likely offer a look into their tastes, interests and expectations. Here are a few aspects to take into account:
- age range
- level of education.
This will make it easier to narrow down your initial list when looking for the best comedians. For instance, if you have a young audience, you’ll know to stay away from entertainers whose comedy focuses on the struggles of being retired.
Decide on a Comedy Style
Once you feel confident that you’ve managed to acquire enough information about your audience, it’s time to think about which comedy style would best match the expectations of your guests – as well as the overall tone of the party.
There are many types of comedy to choose from, with the most popular being:
- Clean, observational Comedy. Clean comedians typically play it safe, which means no venturing into taboo topics some people in the audience may find offensive or unpleasant. Instead, they poke fun at typical, everyday life situations many people can relate to.
- Satire. Satirical comedians are masters of revealing irony on any given subject and their humor is often accompanied by clever sarcasm.
- Character. Character comedians base their shows around a comic persona they’ve invented and which often embodies different stereotypes. This type of comedy is usually extremely interactive and sometimes requires audience participation.
- Physical comedy. This type of comedy made famous by Charlie Chaplin leverages physical movement and gestures for comedic effect. It’s a form of humor likely to be a hit with audiences of all ages.
- Comedy with a side of something extra. Comedians who also perform magic or ventriloquism as part of their comedy acts fall under this category.
Watch Clips Showing the Comedian in Action
Once you’ve settled on a comedy style, it’s time to research the comedians individually.
There’s nothing worse than a comedian who looks good on paper but fails to rise up to expectations with his or her performance. This is why it’s crucial to watch clips of them performing live at different events before signing any agreement.
Pay attention to the audience’s response, as well as the overall style of the performance.
This will help you shape a better understanding of what you can expect and pick someone whose brand of comedy and delivery is in sync with what you’ve envisioned as entertainment for your company party.
The best comedians out there typically have quite a generous selection of clips from previous engagements you can easily find by typing their names into YouTube’s Search bar.
Find the Best Comedians in Our Portfolio!
We’re proud to represent some of the best comedians working today. In our portfolio, you’ll find a wide array of entertainers and we’re confident the right comedian for your party is among them.
Feel free to browse through the portfolio and contact us at (615) 283-0039 if you need any additional information about the artists featured in it.
We’re always happy to work together and help bring the right comedians on stage at your next company party.