Last updated on April 23rd, 2018 at 06:01 am
Corporate events are an essential part of any company’s annual activities. These events help reinforce brand values, send more powerful corporate messages, improve employees’ morale and build relationships with potential new clients.
Whether you are organizing a convention, awards dinner, banquet or conference, corporate event entertainment can be hugely beneficial, as it can leave guests with a memorable experience.
As a result, your company’s image will receive the positive recognition it deserves.
Because we want your corporate events to be special every single time, we wanted to create this easy to follow guide which will explain every aspect when it comes to event entertainment.
Let’s dig in.
Finding the Corporate Event Entertainment
You may not know right away what type of entertainment you can book, but these pointers can help a lot:
- The type of event you are hosting. Awards dinners or galas are more formal than a casual corporate event where employees get to hang out and party for a few hours. So, the type of corporate event you are organizing will point you towards a specific type of entertainment. For example, for a gala, you can book live classical music band, and for a casual corporate entertainment, you can book a clean comedian.
- Venue size. We recommend booking the venue before deciding on an entertainer, simply because you may discover later on that the location is not suitable for their performance.
- Budget. This is another essential pointer which can affect your decision. If you have a strict budget, then you need to narrow down your options or work with an agency which can help you find the right entertainment within your budget.
Another important tip here is to start your research early, ideally immediately after you have set the date and booked the venue. Quality entertainment is often booked months in advance, so you want to maximize your chances when it comes to finding the best option.
Narrowing Down Your Options
The pointers above are meant to help you create an initial list of corporate entertainers. Then, you can go ahead and look more closely at each option to figure out which one will fit your event like a glove.
Here’s how to narrow it down:
- Read reviews about them. Reviews can give you a pretty good overview of the atmosphere the entertainer created at previous events and also whether they were a good match for certain types of events and audiences.
- Watch them perform. Many if not all entertainers will have videos of them online, so event planners can see exactly what they are like on stage. If you were to choose a comedian, for example, seeing them perform will let you know whether they use explicit language or not.
How to Wow Your Guests with Corporate Event Entertainment
The point of hiring corporate entertainment is to wow your guests and make your event stand out. So how do you do that?
- Make sure that the entertainer can incorporate your brand’s message in their performance. This is going to be unexpected, and because it will come from someone outside the company, your guests will appreciate the idea.
- Be aware of the latest trends in the entertainment industry and try to book a popular performance which your audience will want to see.
- Choose an entertainer who is well-known for interacting with the audience. Even though they might not be able to do that with everyone at the event, it is important for them to create a one-on-one connection with a few people.
Corporate event entertainment is an essential part of event planning, and it can contribute to its success.
If you follow the tips above, then you will have no issues picking the right choice for every type of corporate event you will be planning.
We are here to help with your entertainment needs, so don’t hesitate to give us a call at (615) 283-0039.