- How to Create Virtual Memories with a Friends/Family Comedy Night - July 5, 2020
- 6 Things You Need To Be Aware of if You’re Organizing a Webinar - June 30, 2020
- 8 Reasons Why Online Meetings Are So Successful Post Covid 19 - June 25, 2020
Last updated on August 2nd, 2019 at 05:48 am
Corporate events are an essential component of any company’s annual calendar of activities -- and it is no surprise why, considering they have the potential to:
- reinforce company values
- promote the business both internally and externally
- motivate employees
- improve relationships with existing clients.
When done right, high-quality corporate event entertainment can further contribute to the success of an event. So, in this article, we have compiled a list of best practices which will help you get the most bang for your buck and maximize the impact of booking entertainment for your event.
Let’s get to it!
Ensure the Entertainment Resonates with Your Audience
If your choice of entertainment is not explicitly targeted towards your guests, then you are setting yourself up for failure. The best way to guarantee the entertainment will be well-received by guests is to ensure it will fit the audience’s overall age profile and preferences.
However, that is not all.
You also need to provide an immersive experience which allows guests to enjoy the performance -- and grasp the core messages you are trying to communicate. For instance, picking a venue which has excellent acoustics and stage visibility, so none of your guests feels less important can make a world of difference.
Customize Your Corporate Event Entertainment
The best corporate event entertainment is the one which helps you create genuine brand experiences.
Some professional entertainers are open to customizing their performance, so it is most relevant to your company brand -- as well as the goals you have set.
These acts can include specific music and graphics, logos or corporate messages you want to be communicated engagingly. This will help add a custom experience to your event, so you get the most out of your corporate event entertainment.
To make everything easier to understand, check out a few examples of acts which offer extended customization options for top-notch results:
- Sand Art. Through custom-made sand animation and music, an experienced artist will help tell the story you want guests to know in an impactful, memorable way. In the video below, you can see a sand story Joe Castillo created for IHOP.
- Speeches and presentations. While most keynote speakers will have some standardized presentations to show you, a speech or presentation is most effective when tailored to your business and goals. From the style of the presentation to the ideas included in it, adjusting a few key aspects to the frequency of your brand will help put guests in the right frame of mind. Also, this will also provide them with the best advice.
Don’t Underestimate the Potential of the Wow Factor
If you want to make sure people will be talking about your event well after it ended, then you should consider picking entertainment which falls outside the traditional norms. Here are a couple of excellent examples:
- A surprising iPad Magic act: New technologies have made it possible for entertainers to wow their audiences using innovative tech in unexpected ways. One of the entertainers to pioneer this new type of entertainment is Simon Pierro. Simon the first digital magician to use specially developed apps to perform unique interactively, startling illusions that make guests doubt their eyes.
- A high-energy percussion routine. If this is an idea which could work for your event, our recommendation is to book a group like rePercussion. That is because they mix in interactive drumming with amazing visual and laughter to provide an engaging, fast-paced experience for everyone in the audience.
Booking entertainment which has the power to surprise and fascinate people is hugely beneficial for companies that wish to portray an original brand image and stand out as being different.
Corporate Event Entertainment Errors That Will Ruin Your Party
Are you planning on putting together a corporate party in the future? Do you want to organize it for your employees or for your partners and clients?
Why does that matter? Because it will set the tone for how you will handle the corporate event entertainment, the party themes, and even the venue.
That right there was just one type of error many business owners make when planning a corporate event. They don’t know whom they’re planning it for!
At first, it might not seem like such a big deal. After all, won’t both your clients and partners enjoy the same things as your employees?
Well, not really. That’s because you would want to send a different message to every audience segment, right?
Would you want to hire a quality keynote speaker to talk to your company partners about fun, interesting ways to increase productivity in the office? Of course not! That kind of message is reserved for your employees.
As you can see, it’s quite easy to get caught up in everything and make mistakes when it comes to corporate event entertainment.
Here are two other such errors you should try your best to avoid:
1. Keeping It Generic
Sure, playing it safe is an easy way of doing things. That’s because you don’t have to take any risks.
We’re not saying that booking quality speakers or hiring hilarious entertainers is not a smart move. By all means, it can do wonders for your event.
However, do you want to make sure your event and brand image are remembered for years to come?
Do you want your guests to have long-lasting memories of this experience?
Well then, doing something different -- something unique -- can have a strong impact on this.
For instance, we would recommend booking The 3 Painters as a form of unusual corporate event entertainment. They are experts in what they call “Speed Painting”, and are able to deliver a straightforward and clear message on your behalf.
2. Not Screening the Corporate Event Entertainment
You’d be surprised how easy it is to overlook this aspect.
After all, handling an event planning process is not a walk in the park -- you’ve got a lot on your plate.
Thus, you can often end up forgetting that it’s not just enough to hire corporate event entertainment that is tailored to your audience. You also have to screen it.
If you don’t, you might end up booking the kind of entertainer or performer your guests might find offensive.
That, or they might just not like their style.
You know what that means, right? Your guests will start leaving. That can be a huge disaster for your brand’s image.
Well, since you have so many other tasks to handle, why not leave this part to the professionals?
By working with a reputable entertainment agency like us, you’ll have full peace of mind. Why? Because we only represent the best entertainers, performers, and speakers in the industry.
We also make sure none of them could offend your target audience.
If you’d like to find out more, you can easily get in touch with us online. We’ll make sure you find the right corporate event entertainment pick for your party and audience.
Find more ideas of unconventional acts by browsing our portfolio of world-class artists, speakers, and entertainers.