Last updated on September 17th, 2017 at 08:50 am
Event planners have a lot going on when it comes to putting together any sort of event. It’s safe to say that rarely events turn up to be flawless, because nobody’s perfect.
And that’s OK.
The people attending an event won’t even notice minor flaws, because they’ll be too busy having a good time. Event planners are going to be the ones that need to pay attention to details in order for their event to turn up more than great.
Most of the time, you probably won’t even be able to tell whether you make any mistakes or not, because you’re focused on other things.
Mistakes Event Planners Should Avoid
These are the most common mistakes that you can start avoiding today, and I’ll tell you how as well.
- Not having a skilled event manager by your side. You obviously cannot handle by all the logistics, all the planning, and everything else that comes with it. This can easily overwhelm you. That’s definitely not something you’d want. Find an experienced event manager that will know how to handle a difficult situation and who is good at dealing with people in a professional manner. With an event manager by your side, you will minimize all the risks that come along with organizing your event.
- Not having a well defined plan for every event. Chances are that you will follow a similar pattern when organizing different events. They often require the same attention to details. The risk when you don’t have a plan is that you’ll most likely miss vital issues. When planning an event, you need to pay attention to the smallest detail.
- Taking advantage of resources. Staff is so important when it comes to organizing an event. Making sure you have staff in the right place, at the right time, will make the event go incredibly smooth. Also, if your staff is trained well, you won’t have to worry about telling them what to do, or worrying every minute about whether they’re doing a good job or not.
- Not being aware of last minute changes. Life is unpredictable. Hours before an event will take place, there can always be some unexpected changes, but you don’t have to stress about it, instead, be flexible and consider back up plans. Keeping track of these changes will help you determine what else you will have to adjust before the event, and you will not be caught by surprise by any unexpected chaos.
- Not being prepared for the worst. Of course you have to look at the bright side, and hope for your event to be amazing, but there’s always going to be a not so pretty side, and you have to have backup plan for that as well. Event planners should be experts at identifying weaknesses as well as assets.
- Not hiring someone that will put on a show. People attend events, especially corporate ones, because they hope to see something different. Your job is to not disappoint them. Hiring an entertainer is going to make an event memorable, and you will also make sure that the people who showed up will have a really good time.
Ideas For Your Next Entertainment Event
Now that you know what you should avoid when it comes to event planning, you have ideas for your next one.
Stand up comedy can be a blast, especially if you hire one of the best comedians out there. How about Jeff Allen, that knows how to find humor in any situation? Or Bob Stromberg who is a master of connecting with the audience?
Or maybe some magic will do the trick (see what I did there? Pun intended!).
No matter what kind of entertainment you’d like for your next event, we have it all. Just check our full list here, and then contact us if you want to find out more about our entertainment services.