With the holidays over and our minds well-rested, it is time to get back to work and set goals for the year ahead. So if your goals include hosting better events to encourage teambuilding or show off your company brand, then chances are you could use some inspiration.
So in this article, we have decided to share four fresh corporate event ideas to help you get your 2018 events off to a great start. Let’s jump right in!
1. A Tech-Inspired Theme Which Celebrates Ingenuity
If you are looking for an idea to help guests get more in sync with their innovative sides, then consider an event where you use interactive technology to build engagement. For instance, you could make it possible for guests to test wearable technology or have fun with Kinect games.
To make the most out of this idea, we recommend booking entertainment which fits in perfectly with the theme of the event. If this is something you are willing to consider, we have two excellent suggestions for you:
- 1. The famous iPad Magician. By booking digital magician Simon Pierro, you will give guests an opportunity to see some of the best classic magic tricks reimagined for the highly-technologized world of today.
- 2. A Business Speaker who specializes in Technology and Innovation. You will be hard-pressed to find a better fit than Vivek Wadhwa. As the adjunct professor at Carnegie Mellon University’s College of Engineering and a Director of Research at Duke University’s Pratt School of Engineering, Vivek has tremendous experience in helping businesses adapt to new and fast-changing technologies.
2. An Event Which Involves Secrets
Secrets have a way of bringing people together, so this is a great event concept to serve the purpose of building stronger teams.
You will not find this idea in any “predictable corporate event ideas” list, so you may be wondering how exactly it fits the requirements of a corporate setting.
Well, this whole idea is meant to shift the event emphasis to focus on the attendees. For instance, you could create a problem-solving teambuilding activity and give secret instructions to each of the teams involved.
Or you could keep some aspects of the event a surprise to build anticipation. An example is not disclosing the full list of speakers or special guests until during the event.
By using secrecy as the primary tool to stimulate involvement, you will encourage peer-to-peer communication, as well as them making new connections.
3. Keep It Cool by Investing in an Unusual Ice Decor
If you want to go big and celebrate an important company occasion with style, why not take inspiration from LinkedIn’s famous winter garden party? The event featured an impressive ice cave decor where attendees and speakers could unwind and mingle, while they enjoyed an icy drink.
Also, if you want to take this idea even further, we know just the way! Book the Ice Beat Factory to bring the excitement of live ice sculpting combined with energetic music and live visuals to your event.
4. Host a Carnival to Send Guests down Memory Lane
Melancholia is a powerful emotion, and you can use it to turn your corporate events into a smashing success. Now, don’t think you have to rent an entire amusement park to get the desired effect.
However, you will need colorfully striped tents, carnival-like food like corndogs and cotton candy, as well as fun games to remind guests of childhood fun. And the right type of entertainment.
Which One of These Corporate Event Ideas Will You Use?
Inspiration is the secret sauce to hosting better events. And we hope these ideas will help you feel more excited and motivated about making 2018 your best year yet.
No matter the corporate event ideas you will use to put together fabulous events, you can count on us to provide the entertainment. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.