Corporate events are an essential component of any company’s annual calendar of activities – and it is no surprise why, considering they have the potential to:
- reinforce company values
- promote the business both internally and externally
- motivate employees
- improve relationships with existing clients.
When done right, corporate event entertainment can further contribute to the success of an event. So, in this article, we have compiled a list of best practices which will help you get the most bang for your buck and maximize the impact of booking entertainment for your event.
Let’s get to it!
Ensure the Entertainment Resonates with Your Audience
If your choice of entertainment is not explicitly targeted towards your guests, then you are setting yourself up for failure. The best way to guarantee the entertainment will be well-received by guests is to ensure it will fit the audience’s overall age profile and preferences.
However, that is not all.
You also need to provide an immersive experience which allows guests to enjoy the performance – and grasp the core messages you are trying to communicate. For instance, picking a venue which has excellent acoustics and stage visibility, so none of your guests feels less important can make a world of difference.
Customize Your Corporate Event Entertainment
The best corporate event entertainment is the one which helps you create genuine brand experiences.
Some professional entertainers are open to customizing their performance, so it is most relevant to your company brand – as well as the goals you have set.
These acts can include specific music and graphics, logos or corporate messages you want to be communicated engagingly. This will help add a custom experience to your event, so you get the most out of your corporate event entertainment.
To make everything easier to understand, check out a few examples of acts which offer extended customization options for top-notch results:
- Sand Art. Through custom-made sand animation and music, an experienced artist will help tell the story you want guests to know in an impactful, memorable way. In the video below, you can see a sand story Joe Castillo created for IHOP.
- Speeches and presentations. While most keynote speakers will have some standardized presentations to show you, a speech or presentation is most effective when tailored to your business and goals. From the style of the presentation to the ideas included in it, adjusting a few key aspects to the frequency of your brand will help put guests in the right frame of mind. Also, this will also provide them with the best advice.
Don’t Underestimate the Potential of the Wow Factor
If you want to make sure people will be talking about your event well after it ended, then you should consider picking entertainment which falls outside the traditional norms. Here are a couple of excellent examples:
- A surprising iPad Magic act: New technologies have made it possible for entertainers to wow their audiences using innovative tech in unexpected ways. One of the entertainers to pioneer this new type of entertainment is Simon Pierro. Simon the first digital magician to use specially developed apps to perform unique interactively, startling illusions that make guests doubt their eyes.
- A high-energy percussion routine. If this is an idea which could work for your event, our recommendation is to book a group like .rePercussion. That is because they mix in interactive drumming with amazing visual and laughter to provide an engaging, fast-paced experience for everyone in the audience.
Booking entertainment which has the power to surprise and fascinate people is hugely beneficial for companies that wish to portray an original brand image and stand out as being different.
Find more ideas of unconventional acts by browsing our portfolio of world-class artists, speakers, and entertainers.