Last updated on July 4th, 2020 at 06:50 am
Given the state of the world right now, it’s highly unlikely that live concerts will be coming back anytime soon. But that doesn’t mean people won’t be able to watch their favorite artists perform live until the concert and touring industry returns to a modicum of normalcy.
The show goes on. Virtually.
Many performers from all over the world have studios in their homes, which allows them to stream at-home shows for their fans amid the coronavirus crisis and take part in virtual events.
It’s also quite common for music bands to resort to local studios or rehearsal halls to live stream concerts.
Some big names in the entertainment industry are already embracing the opportunities of virtual music concerts and taking their shows online.
Keep reading to learn more about seven such artists.
Known for hits such as “Calling All Angels,” “Hey, Soul Sister,” and “Drops of Jupiter,” the famous rock band is using their voice to mobilize against the threats to global health.
As part of the “Together at Home” campaign and online concert series, the five band members harmonized on vocals and played their instruments from their homes as they paid tribute to frontline workers fighting COVID-19.
Check out a bit from one of their socially distanced virtual music concerts in the clip below.
2. Patti LaBelle
Widely regarded as the queen of rock and soul music, Patti LaBelle was among the headliners of the PHLove benefit concert, an online event benefitting COVID-19 relief efforts.
The Godmother of Soul performed some of her biggest hits as part of the live, hour-long variety show. People tuning in online got a chance to hear Patti LaBelle’s incredible voice and also show their support to help those most affected by this crisis.
3. Evie Clair
Evie Clair is a singer, songwriter, pianist, speaker, and America’s Got Talent Finalist. Simon Cowell told Evie her voice was beautiful with a stunning tone and pitch.
Since appearing on AGT, she has recorded 3 albums, including one on the iTunes top 50 pop chart, been featured in both a movie soundtrack and holiday commercial, and gone on two national tours. Not only did her first America’s Got Talent video have the 3rd highest view count on YouTube for 2018, but NBC has also featured her along with Billboard, USA Today, MSN, Fox News, Today, Google, and The Washington Post.
4. Keith Urban
Keith Urban has been playing many virtual shows since the pandemic started. Keith is a Grammy-award winning country music singer, songwriter and guitarist. Urban has won four Grammy Awards, ten Country Music Association Awards, eleven Academy of Country Music Awards, a People’s Choice, an American Music Award, a Golden Globe nomination, and is a member of the Grand Ole Opry. In 2017, Urban celebrated his 22nd #1 song, his 6th consecutive, with “Blue Ain’t Your Color,” which also received two Grammy nominations, in addition to Album of the Year for RIPCORD, his fifth consecutive platinum or multi-platinum album.
5. Sheryl Crow
Known for hits such as “All I Wanna Do,” “Strong Enough,” and “If It Makes You Happy,” Sheryl Crow is no stranger to virtual music concerts.
The talented singer has been streaming live shows from her home to help fans with social distancing practices. Furthermore, the artist has also taken part in several online shows meant to help the efforts against COVID-19.
Watch her perform “I Shall Believe” as part of the One World: Together at Home initiative.
6. Andy Grammer
Andy Grammer is using his voice for good as well, utilizing new platforms to generate an impact and connect with his fans.
In May 2020, the multi-platinum singer/songwriter Andy Grammer performed virtually at the Giving Day FTK virtual celebration, a day-long virtual fundraising event to support kids and families battling childhood cancer.
7. Don Felder
A moderated conversation with a former 27-year member of The Eagles, one of the most popular and influential rock groups of the 21st century. Meet Don in his home studio for some music plus a moderated conversation.
- Co-wrote the music for the Eagle’s masterpiece “Hotel California”
- Member of the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame
- New York Times Best Selling Author (Heaven
and Hell: My Life in The Eagles (1974-2001)
- 4 Time Grammy Winner
8. Leslie Odom Jr
Leslie Odom Jr. won the Tony Award for the Best Leading Actor in a Musical for his portrayal of ‘Aaron Burr’ in the blockbuster Broadway musical Hamilton. He co-stars in the Hamilton Movie, released on Disney+ in July 2020. In 2019, he was in the Oscar nominated film “Harriet.” He is best-known on the small screen for his portrayal of ‘Sam Strickland’ in the NBC musical series Smash and his recurring role as ‘Reverend Curtis Scott’ on Law & Order: SVU
9. Grace Vanderwaal
Grace VanderWaal won the 2017 Radio Disney Music Award for Best New Artist and a Teen Choice Award, has been named to Billboard magazine’s 21 Under 21 list of fast-rising young music stars in four consecutive years (2016–2019), received the 2017 Billboard Women in Music Rising Star Award, and is the youngest person ever included in Forbes‘ 30 Under 30 Music List. In 2020, VanderWaal appeared in her first film as the title character in Stargirl, which was released on Disney+.
10. Amy Grant
- Winner of six Grammys and 26 GMA Dove Awards
- Sold more than 30 million albums worldwide
- 16 of her albums have debuted at #1 on Billboards Christian Chart
- Inducted into the GMA Gospel Music Hall of Fame in 2003
- Author of the national bestseller “Mosaic: Pieces of My Life So Far”
11. Will Smith
- Will Smith is an actor, producer, and musician, two-time Academy Award nominee and Grammy Award Winner
- Filmography includes transformative portrayals of true-life icons in Ali, The Pursuit of Happiness and Concussion
- Starred in Hitch, I am Legend, I, Robot, Independence Day, and Men in Black I ,II, & III
- Began his career as a musician selling millions of records worldwide before crossing over into television with the beloved Fresh Prince of Bel Air
- Dedicated to working toward the advancement of communities and individuals through the Will and Jada Smith Family Foundation
12. Andrea Bocelli
- Andrea Bocelli is an Italian singer, songwriter, and record producer.
- Celine Dion has said that “if God would have a singing voice, he must sound a lot like Andrea Bocelli,” and David Foster, a record producer, often describes Bocelli’s voice as the most beautiful in the world.
- Bocelli has recorded 15 solo studio albums of both pop and classical music, three greatest hits albums, and nine complete operas, selling over 90 million records worldwide. He has had success as a crossover performer, bringing classical music to the top of international pop charts.
- He was born with poor eyesight and became completely blind at age 12, following a football accident.
- He captured a listing in the Guinness Book of World Records with the release of his classical album Sacred Arias, as he simultaneously held the top three positions on the US Classical Albums charts.
- Bocelli was made a Grand Officer of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic in 2006, and was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2010 for his contribution to Live Theater.
13. Brad Paisley
Paisley has sold over 11 million albums and has won three Grammy Awards, 14 Academy of Country Music Awards, 14 Country Music Association Awards, and two American Music Awards. He has also earned country music’s crowning achievement, becoming a member of the Grand Ole Opry. Paisley also wrote songs for Pixar’s Cars franchise (“Behind the Clouds”, “Find Yourself”, “Collision of Worlds” (along with Robbie Williams), “Nobody’s Fool”, etc.).
14. Chris Young
With five albums to his credit, Chris Young has eight No. 1 singles, and 14 Gold/Platinum certifications. Among the RCA Records artist’s hits are “Gettin’ You Home,” “Voices,” “Tomorrow,” “I’m Comin’ Over” and “Think Of You,” a duet with Cassadee Pope, Young’s latest No. 1 and fastest-rising single of his career. Released in November of 2015 and debuting at No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Country Albums chart, Young’s first co-produced album, I’m Comin’ Over, also includes the new single, “Sober Saturday Night” featuring Vince Gill and the three-week No. 1 smash title track. The single and album earned him four ACM Awards nominations, including his first in the coveted Album of the Year category as both the artist and producer, and a Billboard Music Awards nomination for Top Country Song.
16. Rachel Platten
- Broke through with her uplifting pop hit, “Fight Song”; the multi-platinum selling single that topped countless radio and iTunes charts around the globe
- “Fight Song” was then succeeded by her platinum Billboard Hot 100 hit, “Stand by You”
- She has won several awards, including the 2016 Daytime EMMY Awards for Outstanding Musical Performance in a Talk Show/Morning Program for her television debut performance of “Fight Song” on Good Morning America
Virtual Music Concerts: Want in on the Entertainment?
Many things are changing in today’s world. But entertainment will continue to be a powerful force. And with more and more brands using online events to connect with consumers, a virtual concert that allows for customized content opens up many creative opportunities to create unique moments. If you want to provide your remote attendees with a one-of-a-kind experience at your virtual event, you can include a captivating music act.
Get started by browsing through our portfolio of talented musicians right now.
In case you have any questions, you can also contact us at (615) 283-0039.
- How to Create Virtual Memories with a Friends/Family Comedy Night - July 5, 2020
- 6 Things You Need To Be Aware of if You’re Organizing a Webinar - June 30, 2020
- 8 Reasons Why Online Meetings Are So Successful Post Covid 19 - June 25, 2020